translate exchange address

Post by gadi itta » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:53:31

hi all

I am building a VB program which uses the outlook object to send emails. I
need to find
the smtp address of the sender. The value I get by calling the
Outlook.Application.Session.CurrentUser.Address method is in the exchange
format.

Can any one tell me how I can translate the exchange address I get to an
smtp address?

gadi

translate exchange address

Post by gadi itta » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 04:38:37

for the benifit of others I found this sample on cdolive.com

You can read the SMTP address of a mailbox or custom recipient. But if you
try to use objAddressEntry.Address you will receive the Exchange address
(also known as 'Distinguish Name') and not the SMTP address. Here is how to
read the SMTP address:

' MAPI property tag for SMTP address

Public Const CdoPR_EMAIL = &H39FE001E

' Get current user object

Set objAddressEntry = objSession.CurrentUser

' Get the address entry ID

strAddressEntryID = objAddressEntry.ID

' Get the SMTP address

strEMailAddress =_

objSession.GetAddressEntry(strAddressEntryID).Fields(CdoPR_EMAIL)

Quote:> hi all

> I am building a VB program which uses the outlook object to send emails. I
> need to find
> the smtp address of the sender. The value I get by calling the
> Outlook.Application.Session.CurrentUser.Address method is in the exchange
> format.

> Can any one tell me how I can translate the exchange address I get to an
> smtp address?

> gadi

1. Translate Exchange 5.5 addresses to X.500

I have hunted high and low for a concrete example of what Exchange
mailboxes look like as X.500 addresses. Microsoft's web site and
resource kit give these stupid, useless examples like
/0=organization/ou=organizational unit/... without mapping those
fields to what I see in Exchange Administrator. Since we only have one
location I don't even think /ou= is relevant to our server. Can I just
leave it out? I have tried various combinations but none of them work.

Pete

2. Can't logon to mailbox after changing NT user account

3. Incoming Internet Mail recipient's address no longer being translated to GAL display name

4. Can't access Exchange using CDO when running under IIS - And even stranger!

5. Auto translate SMTP addresses to MAPI?

6. Set the reply address differs from the from address

7. Translating Exchange Server log files in tracking.log directory

8. Inbox Assistant Rules

9. Translate Netscape mail to Exchange

10. Translate Microsoft Schema to standard Ldap?

11. is there someone who can translate ??

12. is it possible to translate error messages?

13. Translate to display name