Modify Alternate Recipient Programmatically

Modify Alternate Recipient Programmatically

Post by Rod En » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 04:11:40

Hi,

I have a problem that I can't seem to find in any documentation, from
Microsoft or others.

I have a web interface created with ASP and using ADSI that allows some of
our technical users to create Exchange mailboxes, which works fine.  Now, I
need to allow the users to create custom recipients and also modify the
alternate recipient field in the current mailboxes to "point to" the newly
created custom recipients.  I have been successful in creating custom
recipients through an ASP script and ADSI, but I can't seem to figure out
how to modify the alternate recipient property programmatically.

A reference to some documentation or a small sample would be greatly
appreciated, preferably using ASP, then VB and lastly C++ (if I must use
it).

I am running Exchange 5.5 SP 3 on NT 4.0 Server and IIS 4.0 on a separate NT
4.0 Server.  I also have a Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5.0 available, if
necessary.

Thanks.

--------
Rod Enke
Sr. Network Engineer (trying to be a Programmer, Web Developer, etc.)

                http://www.usenet.com