Active Directory User/Mailbox connectivity

Active Directory User/Mailbox connectivity

Post by Frank Cornacchiul » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:44:06

I have a user I accidentally deleted, then recreated, that I want to
reconnect to his mailbox.  When I recreated the account in Active Directory,
I created a mailbox with the same mailbox name.  Hence, he only sees an
empty mailbox. But, his old mailbox still exists.

I tried use the Exchange Tasks in the Active Directory, but the option there
is only to Create or Delete, never to connect.

What I want to do is, delete the new (empty) mailbox, and connect the user
to the proper mailbox.

Please help.

Thanks,

Frank Cornacchiulo

Active Directory User/Mailbox connectivity

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 05:06:06

In Exchange System Manager, find the 'Mailboxes' object under your mailbox
store.  Right-click the Mailboxes object, and run the clean-up agent.  Then,
you will see the previously deleted mailbox in the list of mailboxes, with a
red 'X' next to it.  Right-click the mailbox, and choose Reconnect.  You
will have to remove the existing mailbox from the account first, though.

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

www.silversands.co.uk

Quote:> I have a user I accidentally deleted, then recreated, that I want to
> reconnect to his mailbox.  When I recreated the account in Active
Directory,
> I created a mailbox with the same mailbox name.  Hence, he only sees an
> empty mailbox. But, his old mailbox still exists.

> I tried use the Exchange Tasks in the Active Directory, but the option
there
> is only to Create or Delete, never to connect.

> What I want to do is, delete the new (empty) mailbox, and connect the user
> to the proper mailbox.

> Please help.

> Thanks,

> Frank Cornacchiulo

1. Active Directory User/Mailbox connectivity

I have a user I accidentally deleted, then recreated, that I want to
reconnect to his mailbox.  When I recreated the account in Active Directory,
I created a mailbox with the same mailbox name.  Hence, he only sees an
empty mailbox. But, his old mailbox still exists.

I tried use the Exchange Tasks in the Active Directory, but the option there
is only to Create or Delete, never to connect.

What I want to do is, delete the new (empty) mailbox, and connect the user
to the proper mailbox.

Please help.

Thanks,

Frank Cornacchiulo

2. Viewing Contents of User's Mailbox

3. Active Directory User/Exchange 2000 Mailbox connectivity

4. Stopping the Informtion Store Service

5. DSADiag.exe

6. monitor all incoming/outgoing mail

7. problem with creating a mailbox for a user in active directory

8. How to Delegate Mailbox Access to all users in an OU in Active Directory

9. Changing a user's mailbox location in Active Directory

10. new mailbox not being created with new active directory user

11. problem with creating a mailbox for a user in active directory