Can i install Exchange 2000 on servers running Win 2000 Advanced server

Post by Joe » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:19:26

Can i install Exchange 2000 on servers running Win 2000
Advanced server, or should i look into Exchange 2000 Adv
version for Windows 2000 Anvanced server?

Any article #'s would help

Joe

Can i install Exchange 2000 on servers running Win 2000 Advanced server

Post by Robert Crayk Outlook MV » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 02:31:08

Exchange 2000 installs fine on Advanced Server, there isn't an Exchange Adv
version unless you are talking about Exchange Server and Exchange Enterprise
Server. Check out http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.asp

Quote:> Can i install Exchange 2000 on servers running Win 2000
> Advanced server, or should i look into Exchange 2000 Adv
> version for Windows 2000 Anvanced server?

> Any article #'s would help

> Joe

Can i install Exchange 2000 on servers running Win 2000 Advanced server

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:28:38

There is no Exchange 2000 Advanced - there's Standard and Enterprise. You
can run either version on Win2k server or Advanced server.

Quote:> Can i install Exchange 2000 on servers running Win 2000
> Advanced server, or should i look into Exchange 2000 Adv
> version for Windows 2000 Anvanced server?

> Any article #'s would help

> Joe

1. Exchange server 2000 does not install on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I want to install Exchange 2000 server on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. But
When i choose typical Installation options, it gives an error message that
"Mutiple Components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because:
Microsoft Exchange 2000 server requires Microsoft windows 2000, Service Pack
1 or higher.

Does exchange server still need sp1 for even Advanced server.

Thankx!

2. Exchange logging

3. Is it possible to install Exchange Server 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server or Advanced

4. How can I restore old mails to a re-installed Exchange Server 5.5?

5. Difference between Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Advanced Server

6. Help with relay - Please!

7. Exchange 2000 server on Windows 2000 advance server.

8. Permissions on a Contact List

9. Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Server (not Advanced Server)

10. Exchange Server 2000 doesn't work on Windows 2000 Advanced Server DC