moving mailbox from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 after upgrade

moving mailbox from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 after upgrade

Post by adam » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:44:41

I recently installed a new Exchange 2000 server on my domain which is also
running Exchange 5.5. Everything seems to working correctly except I am
unable to move any mailboxes from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server. I have
been trying to move them by right clicking on the user account in active
directory and choosing "exchange tasks" and following the wizard. When I do
this I get the following error
Error: Connecting to source server.

CN=temp user,CN=Users,DC=comm-works,DC=com:

The information store could not be opened.

The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed.

MAPI 1.0

ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000

also, these errors are entered into the event viewer:

"Unable to get an administrative interface to the mailbox store on server
'EXCHANGE'.

Error: The information store could not be opened.

The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed.

MAPI 1.0

ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "

"The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:

The information store could not be opened.

The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed.

MAPI 1.0

ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "

I think it could be something with the administrator account on the 5.5
server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

-Adam Simmons CWI Inc.

moving mailbox from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 after upgrade

Post by Andy » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:10:41

Are the 2 Exchange boxes in different domains?  When
prompted for the UN and PW try domain\username for the
UN.  Did you try the Exchange Migration Wizard?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I recently installed a new Exchange 2000 server on my

domain which is also
Quote:>running Exchange 5.5. Everything seems to working

correctly except I am
Quote:>unable to move any mailboxes from the 5.5 server to the
2000 server. I have
>been trying to move them by right clicking on the user
account in active
>directory and choosing "exchange tasks" and following the
wizard. When I do
>this I get the following error
>Error: Connecting to source server.

>CN=temp user,CN=Users,DC=comm-works,DC=com:

>The information store could not be opened.

>The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer
failed.

>MAPI 1.0

>ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000

>also, these errors are entered into the event viewer:

>"Unable to get an administrative interface to the mailbox
store on server
>'EXCHANGE'.

>Error: The information store could not be opened.

>The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer
failed.

>MAPI 1.0

>ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000

>For more information, click

http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "
Quote:

>"The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following
error:

>The information store could not be opened.

>The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer
failed.

>MAPI 1.0

>ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000

>For more information, click

http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. "

Quote:

>I think it could be something with the administrator
account on the 5.5
>server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
in advance.

>-Adam Simmons CWI Inc.

>.

moving mailbox from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 after upgrade

Post by adam » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:47:40

Both boxes are in the same domain. I have used the domain/username format
for the account with the administrative privilages. After reading some white
papers on the microsoft website, I thought the migration wizard was only for
migrating between domains? Also, I just tried the migration wizard anyway
and it can not log onto the 5.5 box. Any thougths? Thank You.

Quote:> Are the 2 Exchange boxes in different domains?  When
> prompted for the UN and PW try domain\username for the
> UN.  Did you try the Exchange Migration Wizard?

Post by Ted » Thu, 02 May 2002 00:59:15

To use the migration wizard to migrate from 5.5 to 2k, you
have to make sure that ldap is turned on on the 5.5 box.
You do this by going into the 5.5 System Manager, Site,
Protocols, LDAP Site Defaults, and check "Enable."

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Both boxes are in the same domain. I have used the

domain/username format
Quote:>for the account with the administrative privilages. After
reading some white
>papers on the microsoft website, I thought the migration
wizard was only for
>migrating between domains? Also, I just tried the

migration wizard anyway
>and it can not log onto the 5.5 box. Any thougths? Thank
You.

>> Are the 2 Exchange boxes in different domains?  When
>> prompted for the UN and PW try domain\username for the
>> UN.  Did you try the Exchange Migration Wizard?

1. Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Here is the error that I am generating when trying to move a mailbox from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 in the AD.

Error:  Approving object
CN=Lastname\, Firstname, CN=Users, DC=net, DC=domainname, DC=ORG:
Cannot complete the operation because the object 'Lastname, Firstname' does
not have the attribute 'msExchMailboxGuid' set or because you do not have
permission to read it.

Only happens on some users, but not all.  Any ideas ?  Thanks in advance !

Jack

2. Exchange Transaction Logs

3. Move Mailbox method of upgrade from 5.5 to 2000

4. Exchange 2000

5. Move Mailbox upgrade 5.5 to 2000

6. Public folders replicated from E2K Org to E5.5 Org

7. Q259712 XADM: Upgrading to Exchange 2000--the Move Mailbox Method

8. SP3 Hotfix for Deferred delivery

9. Move Exchange Server 5.5 To Another Server and Upgrade to 2000

10. Moving Exchange 5.5 to a new server and upgrading to 2000

11. How to move mailbox from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

12. Moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000.

13. moving Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2000 in other domain