Two Forests / One E2K Server

Post by jon » Wed, 08 May 2002 02:56:42

Heres my problem...

BigCompany.com aquires smallcompany.com. Smallcompany.com wants to use
bigcompany.com's Exchange Server. Smallcompany.com is set up on its own
domain in its own forest (not a child). How do I get smallcompany.com AD to recognize
bigcompany.com's Exchange server? Do I need to create a trust relationship between the two forests? Will running /forestprep & /domainprep on smallcompany.com take care of this issue??

Thanks

Two Forests / One E2K Server

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Wed, 08 May 2002 09:06:27

Exchange organization can not span forests - there is nothing we can do about it with Exchange 2000.

This might be your only option; use it all the same, I understand you do not have an NT 4.0 domain.

Q278888 XADM: Associate an Exchange 2000 Mailbox with a Windows NT User
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q278888

--
Nino Bilic
Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only.

  Heres my problem...

  BigCompany.com aquires smallcompany.com. Smallcompany.com wants to use
  bigcompany.com's Exchange Server. Smallcompany.com is set up on its own
  domain in its own forest (not a child). How do I get smallcompany.com AD to recognize
  bigcompany.com's Exchange server? Do I need to create a trust relationship between the two forests? Will running /forestprep & /domainprep on smallcompany.com take care of this issue??

  Thanks

Two Forests / One E2K Server

Post by jon » Wed, 08 May 2002 21:43:38

thanks...

[...]

1. Connecting E2K Servers in two different forests

Hi,
we have setup two Exchange 2000-Servers in two domains and one forest. No
Problem with that.
Now we have to connect another Exchange 2000 Server in an office of a
different Corporation to the above forest to use features like "Shared
Calendar", Global Adressbook, ....
Is there any possibility to connect the two Servers ?

Thanks in advance
Patrick

2. Undeliverable email, One Server, how can there be a bounce ?

3. Two Forests / One Exchange Server

4. Problem witch dialup witch exchange 5.5(error 629)

5. E2k on W2kAS - One domain, Two Exch Servers (Office is splitting)

6. Incorrect time being reported.

7. One ORG, two forests?

8. Exchange Server5.5 corrupted DB

9. one forest - two trees - supported ?

10. Two Forests one exchange domain: associate a user to a mailbox

11. One Exch2K organization accross two AD forests

12. E2K in different forest that W2K account forests

13. Two forests and two domains