Configuring OWA

Post by Mark Blu » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:43:40

I'm trying to configure an OWA Front End to work with my 2 Exchange servers.

I have no problem connecting to the local exchange using
mail1.domain.com/exchange, although it asks for login twice. I can't connect
to a remote exchange server on a different subnet.

On mail1.domain.com, it also redirects the address in the browser to the
real exchange servers name, is this normal?

Configuring OWA

Post by Dave Mill » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:00:41

It sounds as if mail1.domain.com isn't configured as a front-end server.
Did you check the checkbox in ESM to make it a front-end server?  If so, did
you leave the System Attendant running to allow it to propogate all the new
settings from the AD onto the local machine?  If you need general
instructions on how to configure a front-end/back-end topology there is a
good paper here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...

Once you have correctly configured your front-end server the double
authentication should go away along with the redirection.

- Dave

Quote:> I'm trying to configure an OWA Front End to work with my 2 Exchange
servers.

> I have no problem connecting to the local exchange using
> mail1.domain.com/exchange, although it asks for login twice. I can't
connect
> to a remote exchange server on a different subnet.

> On mail1.domain.com, it also redirects the address in the browser to the
> real exchange servers name, is this normal?

1. How to Configure OWA

Dear Professionals,

I am currently facing an installation of exchange and I
would like to provide my client with the Features of OWA.
The only problem is that I have no idea how to set it up.
Would anyone be kind enough to take a guy step by step
onhow to configure the OWA on my Small Business Server
2000?

Also I am confused on how to chare Calendar & Contacts. I
am not sure if Net folders is the way to go. Or is there a
default means in Outlook w/Exchange?

Best Reagrds,
Matthew Hahn

2. owa issue

3. Configure OWA outside of Default Web Site

4. OWA and ASP 0115 error

5. How to Install and Configure OWA

6. Sending limit

7. Configuring OWA 2K

8. IMC Signatures

9. Installling and configuring OWA for Exchange 5.5

10. How do you configure OWA to use NTCR

11. Configuring OWA for Internet users

12. Configuring OWA

13. how to configure OWA?