Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

Post by Jon Ste » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

 I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically post an Office Document
 using Outlook Automation.

 Basically, I'd like to duplicate what happens when a user drags
 an Office document into a Public folder.

 What Outlook does is create a new message with the type
 IPM.Document.foo, fill in the appropriate properties and
 create an attachment using the document.

 My first thought had been to create a IPM.Post message, attach the
office document and then change the message class to IPM.Document.foo.

This didn't work.. I've been scanning the web and archives for
a clue but haven't seen one yet.

 thanks,
 jon

--
Jon Steer -- BitScout Software,Inc -- Software Consulting and Products
Specialties: Device Drivers, Communications, H.32x Systems Consulting

Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

Post by Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Jon,
  To post an office document without a User Interface, please see my
PostDocument Word 97 sample class available at
<http://www.outlook.useast.com/outlook/>. This class module posts a document
to a folder, public or private...

NOTE: This sample posts a Word document, it should be easy to change for
other applications...

Hope this helps
Jay

>Hi,

> I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically post an Office Document
> using Outlook Automation.

> Basically, I'd like to duplicate what happens when a user drags
> an Office document into a Public folder.

> What Outlook does is create a new message with the type
> IPM.Document.foo, fill in the appropriate properties and
> create an attachment using the document.

> My first thought had been to create a IPM.Post message, attach the
>office document and then change the message class to IPM.Document.foo.

>This didn't work.. I've been scanning the web and archives for
>a clue but haven't seen one yet.

> thanks,
> jon

>--
>Jon Steer -- BitScout Software,Inc -- Software Consulting and Products
>Specialties: Device Drivers, Communications, H.32x Systems Consulting
>BitScout Software,Inc 40 Berkeley St, Nashua N.H. 03060
>phone:(603)889-1185   video: (603)889-1125  fax: (603)-883-9365

1. Programmatically Post Office Document into Public folder

Can someone please point out the method (using CDO I presume) for
programatically posting a Word document into a public folder.  We'd
like to do this actually from within Word using VBA.   VBA from within
Word can actually post to a public folder using the document.post
command... but this simply pops up the Exchange/Outlook folder
hierarchy for the user to choose the folder to post to.  We'd like to
pre-specify the public folder in code.... Cannot do with the VBA
document.post command.   So..... we'd like to try CDO from within the
VBA code.     I know how to create and mail a message to a public
folder using CDO... but we simply wish to post the Word document....
no message.     the same sort of functionality you'd get by dragging
the document in from NT Explorer.  Any hints out there?

Thanks

RNH

2. Receiving mail from ISP

3. posting office documents to public folders

4. Internet EMail for Multiple Domains - How to setup ?

5. Posting Non-Office Documents to Public Folders

6. 2nd Request for Help with Error Message

7. Posting document to Public Folder using CDOEX

8. Job Posting - MS Exchange Expert

9. Programmatically posting Excel spreadsheet to Exchange Public Folder

10. can outlook public folders be used as document management

11. Posting Word97 document in Public Folders

12. can outlook public folders be used as document management