InterOrg Replication Error

Post by Ryan » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:23:34

I have seen this question asked many times, but have never
seen an answer. So here is my turn.

I am trying to replicate Free/Busy information between
Exch5.5(sp4) and Exch2k(sp3) distinct organizations using
the EXCHSYNC tools from Exchange2000 sp3.

According to the documentation I have to create two one-way
replication jobs.{ "From ADS", and "From NT4.0"}

I recieve this message in the 2 Exchsync log files:
ERROR: Unable to initialize MAPI interface.

I see this in the application event viewer:

Unable to create a temporary MAPI profile to server
[mail55.example.com] using mailbox [exch55synch] under NT
username [exch55synch] and domain [EXAMPLE] on session
'From NT4.0'.

Unable to create a temporary MAPI profile to server
[admail1.exmaple.com] using mailbox [exch2ksynch] under NT
username [exch2ksynch] and domain [ADEXAMPLE] on session
'From ADS'.

I have tried creating profiles logged in as
ADEXAMPLE\exch2ksynch and I can open both mailboxes from
the server's outlook client.

I just can't find any reference to this error on Microsoft
search site or any where on google (most google hits point
me here.)

InterOrg Replication Error

Post by Jon LeCro » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:22:52

Ensure that the account exchsync is running under is local admin.

Quote:> I have seen this question asked many times, but have never