Full-text search in Exchange ?

Post by Udo Morit » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I'm not shure if this is the right place to post my question, if not
please direct me to the right newsgroup.

I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.

Is there a way to full text search a public folder including attachments
in messages ? (Its possible in Lotus Notes)

I'm thinking about a knowledge base solution based on existing Word
documents which will be imported into a public folder.

Thanks for any help.

Greetings

Udo Moritz

Post by Sue Moshe » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Yes, with add-ins. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.htm.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> Hi

> I'm not shure if this is the right place to post my question, if not
> please direct me to the right newsgroup.

> I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.

> Is there a way to full text search a public folder including attachments
> in messages ? (Its possible in Lotus Notes)

> I'm thinking about a knowledge base solution based on existing Word
> documents which will be imported into a public folder.

> Thanks for any help.

> Greetings

> Udo Moritz

Full-text search in Exchange ?

Post by Rick Spiewa » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

<adverti*t>
See: http://www.veryComputer.com/
for information about Eastman Software's Document Manager for Exchange.
Among other things, it provides full-text index,
search, and retrieval in an Exchange environment.
</adverti*t>

Quote:> Hi

> I'm not shure if this is the right place to post my question, if not
> please direct me to the right newsgroup.

> I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.

> Is there a way to full text search a public folder including attachments
> in messages ? (Its possible in Lotus Notes)

> I'm thinking about a knowledge base solution based on existing Word
> documents which will be imported into a public folder.

> Thanks for any help.

> Greetings

> Udo Moritz

Full-text search in Exchange ?

Post by Shau » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

There is a new product from 80-20 www.80-20.com called PKP that not only can
do full text search of Public Folders, but also your PST including
attachments to emails.

The product has a retail price of US$39.95

Good Luck

Shaun

> <adverti*t>
> See: http://www.veryComputer.com/
> for information about Eastman Software's Document Manager for Exchange.
> Among other things, it provides full-text index,
> search, and retrieval in an Exchange environment.
> </adverti*t>

> > Hi

> > I'm not shure if this is the right place to post my question, if not
> > please direct me to the right newsgroup.

> > I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.

> > Is there a way to full text search a public folder including attachments
> > in messages ? (Its possible in Lotus Notes)

> > I'm thinking about a knowledge base solution based on existing Word
> > documents which will be imported into a public folder.

> > Thanks for any help.

> > Greetings

> > Udo Moritz

1. full-text search on Exchange 5.5 priv

Is there a utility, 3rd party or otherwise, that will
perform a keyword search on an Exchange 5.5 database? I'm
not talking about keyword filtering, I need to do a
keyword search on existing email. Please respond here if
anyone knows a way to do this. thanks

David

2. RRAS connection dropped when sending attachments..

3. How to facilitate Full Text searching in exchange

4. Configuration of Outlook\Exchange

5. Question on Exchange Full Text Search

6. Server hangs after I.S. Maintenance

7. Full-Text Problems (Microsoft Search Service)

8. Central E-mail boxes

9. Full Text Indexed Search of Multiple Folders

10. Full-Text Problems (Microsoft Search Service)

11. Full text searching

12. Full text Searching