Exchange security problem

Post by GeorgesZakhou » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:30:53

Hi,
I have a small network :1pc windows advanced server sp3+
exchange server2000,all pc's:10 win 2000 pro sp3.
When i add a user account in active directory ,then add a
mailbox to this user ,in mailbox right for this user i see
that automaticly all groups had been given full mailbox
access,so i can open this user exchange account on all pc's
joining domain,and workgroup pc's without asking for user
name and password in the domain.
if i remove full mailbox access from everyone and
authanticated group and choose deny,then if i open this
user account pop3 not exchange then this user cannot send
and receive mail,every time it ask for user name and
password.
What could be the problem security options in DNS,exchange,
Windows,?????????????????
Thanks

1. Exchange security problem

Hi,

Our organisation has two exchange sites, one located in
France and the other located in London. In our France
office, we HAD two exchange servers, lets call them ML01
and ML02. ML01 was installed as the first exchange server
in the organisation and ML02 followed. In London, we have
ML03 as the 3rd server.

A few months ago, ML01 started doing something that
appeared to be a hardware fault. The admin located in
France moved all the mailboxes from ML01 to ML02 and
unmounted the stores on ML01.

All the services, incomming mail etc. was manually change
to ML02 and the entire mail system runs fine.

While I was away, the admin in FR decieded to "uninstall"
the ML01 server without due care and this can caused a
number of problems that I cannot find any resolution to.
Although the initial apperance is that the mail system is
still functioning 100%, there is a problem that concerns
me greatly.

I receive the following event messages, on ML02, with
Diagnostic logging is set to MAX on "Resources" under
ExchangeMTA.

1.) Only logged due to diag logging.
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Resource
Event ID: 9267
Type: Information

(BASE IL INCOMMING RPC(26) Proc 505) LTAB allocated at
index 111(4)

2.) This is the message received every 10 minutes exactly
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Security
Event ID: 9297
Type: Warning

The user /o=First Organistation/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Configuration/cn=servers/cn=ML03 has caused a
security violation. Locality table (LTAB) index: 205.
Windows 2000 error code:0x80070005. [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1
237] (14)

3.)Only logged due to diag logging.
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Resource
Event ID: 9265
Type: Information

(BASE IL MAIN BASE(1) Proc 514) LTAB index 111 released(4)

All the systems are running Exchange 2000 STD with SP 3.
Besides killing a French man, what can I do to resolve
this problem? I have looked everywhere and the only
reference I can find to this is relating to EX5.5 and does
not help very much.

Thanks

Dean (remove the "AT" to send me an e-mail)

2. Distribution lists

3. Outlook and Exchange security problem

4. Exchange Client for Win95

5. Exchange security problem ?

6. Enabling TNEF deletes attachments to POP receipients

7. Exchange security problems

8. Using MS Exchange as Gateway between Internet and X.400 with address conversion???

9. exchange security problems

10. Exchange security problems

11. Help!! Outlook and Exchange security problems!

12. Help!! Outlook 97 & Exchange security problems!

13. Help!! Outlook and Exchange security problems!