Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Timothy Bolto » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
versa.

If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are looking
at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates to
the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
doing it.

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Niko Spyridono » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Could you please let me know if you get any answers?

Thanks

Post by Ian Morris » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

There are 2 things you can do. CDO and ADSI.
http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/Basics/Future/ActDirInterfaces/defa...
?custarea=bus&site=nts&openmenu=prodbasic&highlighteditem=future+directions
With ADSI you can use the GAL as a record set in ASP. Good for phone lists
etc. There is also a sample CDO ASP page that lets users update their GAL
details. If your user mail box ID is the same as the NT Logon ID then it is
easy to automate this using IIS server variables.

Ian Morrish
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz
Home page http://www.glazier.co.nz
NetMeeting http://ils.glazier.co.nz

>I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
>Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
>versa.

>If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are looking
>at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates to
>the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

>Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
>doing it.

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Timothy Bolto » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the quick response.  I will check them out.

>There are 2 things you can do. CDO and ADSI.

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Timothy Bolto » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Can you direct me to the CDO ASP sample you were talking about?  I can't
seem to narrow it down.  Maybe a good sample page would help if you have
access to one you can send as and attachment.

>There are 2 things you can do. CDO and ADSI.
>http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/Basics/Future/ActDirInterfaces/defa...
>?custarea=bus&site=nts&openmenu=prodbasic&highlighteditem=future+directions
>With ADSI you can use the GAL as a record set in ASP. Good for phone lists
>etc. There is also a sample CDO ASP page that lets users update their GAL
>details. If your user mail box ID is the same as the NT Logon ID then it is
>easy to automate this using IIS server variables.

>Ian Morrish
>WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz
>Home page http://www.glazier.co.nz
>NetMeeting http://ils.glazier.co.nz

>>I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
>>Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
>>versa.

>>If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are
looking
>>at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates
>>the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

>>Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
>>doing it.

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Ian Morris » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Sample code has been posted in the microsoft.public.exchange.applications
newsgroup only

Regards,
Ian Morrish
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSHFAQ
http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
http://www.glazier.co.nz

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Sean Alli » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

here's what i found for using Access with Exchange.
http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/WZMAPI80.EXE

It is an Outlook/Exchange add-on wizard for MS Access.
Sean

Post by Douglas Bayn » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This doesn't allow you to edit the GAL.  Go with CDO at www.cdolive.com.

> here's what i found for using Access with Exchange.
> http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/WZMAPI80.EXE

> It is an Outlook/Exchange add-on wizard for MS Access.
> Sean

> >I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
> >Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
> >versa.

> >If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are looking
> >at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates to
> >the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

> >Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
> >doing it.

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Douglas Bayn » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This doesn't allow you to edit the GAL.  Go with CDO at www.cdolive.com.

> here's what i found for using Access with Exchange.
> http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/WZMAPI80.EXE

> It is an Outlook/Exchange add-on wizard for MS Access.
> Sean

> >I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
> >Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
> >versa.

> >If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are looking
> >at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates to
> >the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

> >Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
> >doing it.

Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

Post by Douglas Bayn » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This doesn't allow you to edit the GAL.  Go with CDO at www.cdolive.com.

> here's what i found for using Access with Exchange.
> http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/WZMAPI80.EXE

> It is an Outlook/Exchange add-on wizard for MS Access.
> Sean

> >I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
> >Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
> >versa.

> >If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are looking
> >at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates to
> >the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

> >Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
> >doing it.

1. Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

I am looking for a way that I can link Exchange Global Address List with
Access so that an update to Access will update the GAL and possibly vice
versa.

If that is not possible, it is possible through SQL Server?  We are looking
at setting up a full-fledged Intranet that is browser based with updates to
the GLA via ODBC through Access (or SQL Server if needed).

Maybe I am reaching for the stars, but I'm sure there must be SOME way of
doing it.

2. Event id 4031

3. What group(s) does a user need to be in to access OWA?

4. Remove recipient that replicate from another site via connector...

5. Exchange 5.5 as SQL Server 7 Linked Server

6. exchange server de backup

7. Linking Exchange Server with SQL Server

8. Access and SQL linked tables

9. Exchange 5.5 Contact list linked wih SQL Server

10. Link SQL-Server with Exchange

11. Can't Query Exchange Linked to SQL Server