Send mail when a service starts or stops.

Send mail when a service starts or stops.

Post by Anthony DiFuri » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 05:11:06

Does anyone know how I can configure a server to send mail
when a service starts or stops.  We have 5 servers load
balanced on our DMZ and would like to monitor thier
services. If the www service crashes on one we would like
to be notified. We are running exchange 2000 and would
like to take advantage of it.

Thankls for your help.

Send mail when a service starts or stops.

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 05:25:42

Anthony

You can use the Monitoring feature that is built into Exchange to do this,
here is a link to an article that should help you out:
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/articles.asp?art=322

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Does anyone know how I can configure a server to send mail
> when a service starts or stops.  We have 5 servers load
> balanced on our DMZ and would like to monitor thier
> services. If the www service crashes on one we would like
> to be notified. We are running exchange 2000 and would
> like to take advantage of it.

> Thankls for your help.

Send mail when a service starts or stops.

Post by Anthony DiFuri » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 06:14:44

I do not want to monitor exchange I want to monitor the 5
web servers and use the built in SMTP service to then
forward the mail to our exchange and then route it to me.
Make any sense????
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Anthony

>You can use the Monitoring feature that is built into

Exchange to do this,
>here is a link to an article that should help you out:
>http://www.msexchange.org/pages/articles.asp?art=322

>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>www.4mcts.com
>Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on
Microsoft Exchange

>--- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via
Email ---

message

>> Does anyone know how I can configure a server to send
mail
>> when a service starts or stops.  We have 5 servers load
>> balanced on our DMZ and would like to monitor thier
>> services. If the www service crashes on one we would
like
>> to be notified. We are running exchange 2000 and would
>> like to take advantage of it.

>> Thankls for your help.

>.

Send mail when a service starts or stops.

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 06:27:27

Well you can monitor none Exchange services using the Exchange monitoring
tool.

So like you said in your original post, you want to monitor the WWW service,
and like I said use the Exchange monitor.

--
Mark Fugatt

> I do not want to monitor exchange I want to monitor the 5
> web servers and use the built in SMTP service to then
> forward the mail to our exchange and then route it to me.
> Make any sense????

1. Looking batch file statement to stop service, start backup and then start service

I am looking of a batch file statements as follows:

I have exchange 5.5 running on w2k Server.  I need to take backup everyday.
If I take the backup without stopping services, it just skip files that are
being used.  Therefore I need to stop exchange services then use NTBACKUP
command and once
the backup is done, I want to start the services.

1.    STOP EXCHANGE SERVICES
2.    NTBACKUP
3.    START EXCHANGE SERVICES

2. CDO/MAPI dynamic profile

3. Internet Mail Service has stopped whilst starting

4. MAILQ

5. error when I stop and start Internet Mail Service

6. error ID c0070005 after upgrade to SP3

7. Stopping and starting Internet Mail Service

8. connection dropped frequently (0x800ccc0f)

9. Starting/Stopping MS-Exchange Server with NET START, NET STOP

10. Msexchange IS service stop if send mail to large DL

11. Mail stops when 5.5 services are stopped in mixed mode environment