Phantom Messages in send Queue

Post by Jim Dah » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:30:34

I am seeing a constant send queue size of 17 messages in
my IS store send queue even when I can't see any any
pending messages in any queue - these totlas acn be
displayed in the performanance monitor.  I am running with
multiple information stores and these messages are in the
default store created when exchange was configured.  How
can I clear out this counter or find the messages in the
queue?

1. Phantom messages in In-Bound Queue, 5.0

We have lost the ability to send outbound Internet e-mail. Local mail,
and incoming Internet e-mail are fine. Looking for the cause of the
problem I found 13 phantom messages showing up in my IMS inbound
delivery queue. If I select "details" on these messages Exchange tells
me they have been delivered or deleted". If I select "refresh", nothing
changes.

I ran Mtacheck.exe and a couple of errors were found and corrected. This
had no effect on the phantom messages. I re-started services, re-booted,
and finally, out of desperation, deleted and reinstalled IMS....

Guess what, the damn messages are still there.

When any client attempts to send Internet e-mail, the messages simply
sit in the "Outbox". Attempting to force immediate delivery does not
work. I don't see any evidence that the messages are reaching the
server.

Help anyone? This Exchange server is about to put me over the edge.

Pertinent info:
NT4.0 SP3
Exchange 5.0 (Recently upgraded from 4.0) No Service Packs
LAN on demand ISDN Connection
Ascend Router
TCP/IP IPX/SPX

Thanks!
Don Roxby

2. 5.5 --> 2K

3. 2nd server

4. phantom outbound emails stuck in IMS queue

5. HowTo get X5.5 messages into SQL7.0

6. Phantom Msgs in MTA Queue

7. FORMS problem

8. Messages getting queued and not sent!!!

9. Messages getting queued and not sent

10. Sent messages won't leave the queues.

11. Sent Out Messages Queue

12. Messages stuck in Private store send queue