.EML still remain in the \Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue

.EML still remain in the \Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue

Post by boubh » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:40:29

Hi all ;=)))

I always have messages waiting (for what???) in the Queue
NTFS Directory on my e2k :
(eg:NTFS_96d74c7c01c2a120000006be.EML etc...)

What are those .EML stand for, and what are their
utilities ???
Is it normal that these .EML always stay in the Queue
directory ? Do they correspond to the SMTP queue ?
There are not much .EML "files", just 1 to 10 .EML

Thanx for your help.
I have w2k sp3, e2k sp3, 1GB RAM, plenty of disk spaces.

Boubha

.EML still remain in the \Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue

Post by Michael Bel » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:31:40

Those are the SMTP queues and they are waiting for the destination SMTP
servers to respond. The .eml messages are in fact the outgoing email.

Michael Bell
Bell Consulting Services, Inc.
www.bellcs.com

Quote:> Hi all ;=)))

> I always have messages waiting (for what???) in the Queue
> NTFS Directory on my e2k :
> (eg:NTFS_96d74c7c01c2a120000006be.EML etc...)

> What are those .EML stand for, and what are their
> utilities ???
> Is it normal that these .EML always stay in the Queue
> directory ? Do they correspond to the SMTP queue ?
> There are not much .EML "files", just 1 to 10 .EML

> Thanx for your help.
> I have w2k sp3, e2k sp3, 1GB RAM, plenty of disk spaces.

> Boubha

.EML still remain in the \Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue

Post by boubh » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:22:33

Hi Michael,

Thanx for your response.
My Qs: if those .EML still remain for a long time, what
can i do to monitor if there is a pb?

Thanx

Post by Kevin Longle » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 04:00:56

I have had the same problem. Below is my post on the same subject to a
different Exchange forum.

I posted this issue a few months ago and received no feedback so thought I
would try again. In the c:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue
directory on the Exchange 2000 server,  I have many eml files which are not
being removed when an email is delivered. In other words the queue that I
see in the Exchange 2000 System Manager does not equal the physical queue in
the "c:\Program Files\exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue" directory. I have
confirmed that all emails are being delivered. Presently I am manually
emptying the queue for those messages that are not listed in the Exchange
2000 Systen Manager Queues. I don't know when this started - I just happened
to notice it a few months ago. Question - has anyone else experienced this
issue or can users of this forum check their physical queue directories to
see if they also have this problem. Any information or suggestions would be
appreciated.

Quote:> Hi all ;=)))