Moving Exchange 2000 to a new server in same forest

Moving Exchange 2000 to a new server in same forest

Post by VastOn » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:16:11

I inherited a situation that may be unique, may not be:

Exchange 2000 setup and running very well on the FQDN/Active Directory
server.  Minimal users (less than 100) and not much concern on backing up or
restoring individual mailboxes.

Since Exchange 2000 and Active directory on the same server is a resource
hog, I simply want to move Exchange 2000 to another server already built and
ready to go.

I am thinking of uninstalling Exchange 2000 and doing the reinstall and
bringing each pst back online but I am concerned with residual traces of the
old server among other things.  So, in the same same domain, same FDQN, same
org, same forest same everything but just a different server, I would think
there would be something easier to do...or am I dreaming?

Lot's of info on this for Exchange 5.5, not much on Exchange 2000.

All responses appreciated.

Thank you,

V1

1. How to move MS Exchange 2000 to new site in Forest

I need some help, I have MS Exchange 2000 server running
on a system that acts as the File/Print server.
Everything ran just fine until I started
sending/receiving Internet Mail on the server,
performance problems has caused me to wish to install a
new server running just MS Exchange 2000 server into the
forest.  My tape backup is located on the File/Print
server.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how
proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph Wilson

2. Exchange 5.5 Transcender

3. Display Name Help

4. Move mailboxs to new server in new forest?

5. Wave file with Exchange

6. Moving exchange Server 2000 from old server to new server

7. Child domain question

8. Help needed with Exchange on new 2K advanced server in new forest Pleaseeee

9. Exchange 2000 Resource Forest and multiple User Forest / NT4 Dom?nen (Exchange Mixed Mode)