How to remove shut down the first exchange 2000 server in a site ?????????/

How to remove shut down the first exchange 2000 server in a site ?????????/

Post by o?o? » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:38:35

Dear all :
               May someone help me !
      I have a question that is I have 2 exchange 2000 servers in a site
,and I want to remove the first exchange 2000 server ,so I remove all the
mailboxes and public folders to the 2nd exchange server ,and what I do I can
remove and shut down the first exchange 2000 server ????

How to remove shut down the first exchange 2000 server in a site ?????????/

Post by Rodrigo Menende » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:02:04

HI Victor,
Did you try this Q?
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q252/4/86.ASP

Regards,
Rodrigo

Quote:> Dear all :
>                May someone help me !
>       I have a question that is I have 2 exchange 2000 servers in a site
> ,and I want to remove the first exchange 2000 server ,so I remove all the
> mailboxes and public folders to the 2nd exchange server ,and what I do I
can
> remove and shut down the first exchange 2000 server ????

1. Shutting down first server in site

If this is covered in the FAQ, I would greatly appreciate a pointer to it.

I am recently thrust into the role of Exchange administrator for our small
company.  Our original Exchange server is an old piece of hardware, and we
want to retire it.  I have already built another Exchange server (both
version 5.5, SP1) and had it join the site.  My question is this: Can I
simply tell the users to begin using the new server, and shut down the old
one?  Or do I need to perform other activities to preserve public folders,
private folders, and private mailboxes?

(I guess that's two questions :-)

I have read a plethora of Exchange documentation, but am still uncertain of
the things which I need to do to allow for the retirement of the original
server.

I'll summarize the answers I receive by the end of next week.

Thanks in advance,
Preston Kent

2. Exchange server with ADSI.

3. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

4. problem sending outbound mail: "unable to relay for..etc."

5. Trying to remove the first exchange 2000 server in my site

6. Cannot delete mail in replicated site

7. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

8. traducir mensajes de error en exchange server en ingles.

9. Removing the First Exchange 2000 Server from the Site

10. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

11. Removing the first Exchange 2000 Server from the Site

12. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first