distribution list from public folder contacts list

distribution list from public folder contacts list

Post by John Deupre » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:40:47

Is it possible to create a distribution list from existing contacts in a
public folder?  I want a department to maintain a contacts list and then
create a distribution list using it.

Thanks

John

distribution list from public folder contacts list

Post by Jorma Bergiu » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 05:29:51

This is possible if you are using Outlook 2000 or newer. It has the ability
to create a distribution list of members in a contacts folder. To be able to
use this DL, Outlook users should have an Outlook address list configured
which points to the corresponding contacts folder.
--
Jorma Bergius, MCSE+I MCT
FCS Partners Oyj www.fcspartners.fi

Quote:> Is it possible to create a distribution list from existing contacts in a
> public folder?  I want a department to maintain a contacts list and then
> create a distribution list using it.

> Thanks

> John

1. creating distribution lists from public contacts folder

What are some easy ways to take a public folder containing contacts
and creating email distribution lists from them. Is there a way other
than manually creating a book and then adding names to it?

We have a contacts folder with 400 names across 10
companies/organizations. I'd like to be able to re-generate
distribution lists for each company, as we make changes to the
contacts folder from people coming and leaving the various org's.

Thx,
a2tech

2. Auto Forword to another mail system

3. OWA: Sending to Distribution Lists in Public Contacts Folders

4. Exchange 5.5 problem : Event ID 9156

5. Adding Public folder contact to Global Address Distribution List

6. email reply

7. Help : Adding all contacts from a public folder into a Distribution List

8. Fresh Exchange 2000 Install on a Primary DC

9. Distribution List from Outlook Public Folder Shared Contacts

10. OWA: Sending to Distribution Lists in Public Contacts Folders

11. distribution list from public folder contacts

12. Problem with Distribution Lists with Contacts in Public Folders

13. Public Folders - OL 98 Contacts & Distribution Lists