can't connect to pop3 catch all account

Post by jay » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:47:19

 I have a customer who has a catch all account that came
with their web site. Is it possible to download the e-mail
from this account using a connector for all the e-mail
that comes into that account.

can't connect to pop3 catch all account

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:59:36

Possible, yes, with third party software. Recoommended? Decidedly not. Why
use POP at all? See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for help
setting up Exchange to host your own mail.

> I have a customer who has a catch all account that came
> with their web site. Is it possible to download the e-mail
> from this account using a connector for all the e-mail
> that comes into that account.

1. POP3 Catch All Account under Exchange Server?

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a "catch all" email account for
a given domain under Exchange server?  To be a bit more specific, I'd like
to be able to have a given POP account that can receive any email that is

individual Internet address for the domain.

So in other words if someone emails

I will receive it using one POP account.

I would rather not have to specify every single email address that is valid

I've tried in the Exchange administrator to set the recepient address to

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm using Exchange Server 5.5

Karl Lherisson

2. Auditing inbox access?

3. Exchange Server 5.5 Users in Distribution List Do Not Receive Message Addressed

4. OWA requirement.

5. User can't connect to Exchange's Server with POP3 protocol

6. Connecting remotely with Outlook Client

7. Connecting Exchange to multiple Internet Pop3 Accounts

8. Exchange Server 2000 connecting toa a pop3/smtp account

9. Help:Can't connect ISP POP3 server using dial-up router

10. I can't connect with POP3