Internet Mail Delivery Problem with Hyphenated Domain Names

Internet Mail Delivery Problem with Hyphenated Domain Names

Post by Jim Welborn » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any known problems or fixes for sending mail via the
Internet Connector when the domain name contains a hyphen?

Jim

1. if my nt domain name is different than my internet domain name

Hello, all.  I am trying to setup a new exchange organization, and it
is time critical that the transition from my customer's existing email
setup goes very smoothly.  The problem that has arisen is the fact that
the my customer's nt domain is named diffently than the internet domain
name.  Inside of the tcp/ip protocol properties, it is required to
enter a dns domain name.  From the initial sound of it, this would be
the internet domain name, and not the nt domain name.  Is this
correct?  The dns server that is hosting the mx records is a local
isp's, and we are setting up proxy 2.0.  So I am assuming that we
should ask the isp to set the mx records to the external nic's ip
address, pointing towards the the following format
exchangeserver'sname.internetdomainname.com.  Is this correct.  I am
very greatful for any information.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. exchange upgrade

3. Unable to add second domain name or route mail to private domain name in Exchange 2000

4. Microsoft Exchange Service

5. Try to mail a Exchange 2000 contact with same domain name as coroporate domain name

6. accessing Public Folders as news groups without password

7. Unable to add second domain name or route mail to private domain name in Exchange 2000

8. upgrading nt4 to 2000

9. Only the domain name for the email server instead of machine name .domain name/exchange

10. Exchange not forward internet mail on new domain name

11. Mail accounts using different internet domain names

12. Delivery problems Internet Mail / Exchange