CDO problem: anonymous access to public folder running ASP from Netscape users

CDO problem: anonymous access to public folder running ASP from Netscape users

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP Exchange » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Check your IIS settings. It seems that you haven't enabled IIS anonymous
access for this ASP application. It can be found on the properties of the
virtual directory.

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

Quote:> Hi, All,

> I have a problem on accessing public folder anonymously from Netscape. I'm
> using CDO on ASP webpages. It seems that every time when a Netscape user
run
> this ASP page, a login dialog box will appear and ask for username and
> password. Since I have enabled anonymous access permission on this public
> folder, the user just need to press ok without inputting anything and it
> will work and won't ask for username/password again.

> But it is just too annoying if the users have to press ok each time they
> visit this page and don't know what's going on.

> Is there anyway to get rid of this dialog box? It is really strange that
> anonymous access is enabled and the system still ask for password.

1. Accessing public folders with anonymous logon via ASP

When I try to do an authenticated logon to my exchange server, i can see
all of the public folders, no problem.

When I try to do an anonymous loging (as in the anonymous logon example in
the AppFarm), I get the following error:

------------
Active Messaging error '8004010f'

The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store -
[MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND(8004010F)]]

/anonymous/anonfldr.asp, line 40
------------

I have done all the the things the anonymous logon readme suggested to make
this work:
1. Installed exchange server 5.0 on the same machine as the web server
2. gave both read and execute permissions to the anonymous folder in IIS
manager
3. Published the folder in the HTTP item of the protocols section for the
site.

Any ideas?

David

2. Editing Exchange Server DB files with ACCESS or SQL tools

3. Cdo: Anonymous access for Public folders

4. HELP ME!!! Sender had exceeded his quota for today

5. CDO, ASP and accessing Exchange Public Folders

6. Footnote

7. trouble with CDO and ASP accessing Exchange 2000 public folders

8. routing mail to different machine, different domain, private IP's

9. Anonymous users access public folders from outlook web

10. Access problems with Virtual HTTP Folders, Integrated Windows Security, ADO, CDO, ASP and COM+

11. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )