New Mail Notification but no new mail!

Post by Administrato » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We are running Exch.Server 5.5 AND Outlook2000 on WT Workstation.

From time to time all users are informed about new mail. but there is
nothing in their inbox.
So where does this message come from / how can it be stopped?

New Mail Notification but no new mail!

Post by Chris Schar » Sun, 15 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>We are running Exch.Server 5.5 AND Outlook2000 on WT Workstation.

>From time to time all users are informed about new mail. but there is
>nothing in their inbox.
>So where does this message come from / how can it be stopped?

Delivery/ read receipts perhaps? Meeting acceptances? Messages
processed by a rule?

I think 1 or 2 groups wold have been sufficient rather than cross
posting to quite so many.

--
Chris Scharff       ! The real winners in life are the
MVP Exchange        ! people who look at every situation

ROT13 required for SMTP Address

1. New Mail Notification with No New Mail

Hi Everyone,

I just migrated my exchange 5.5 sp4 server from its existing server to a new
server, using the following procedure:

    -Rename old server to different name
    -Build new exchange server with same name and same org/sitename as old
    -copy information stores and restore directory on new server with same
name as old
    -remove exchange from old server.

Everything is working fine, and the only thing that I had problems with when
reconfiguring the new server was the Free/Busy connector.  I got it working,
but now, most users get "New Mail Notifications" with no new messages.  I
think this has something to do with the Free/Busy connector.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Please reply to Matthew <UNDERSCORE> Penney <AT> uml <DOT> edu

Thanks,
Matt

2. Private Information Store

3. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

4. Multiple copies of messages to Internet recipients from DL

5. error id c1031668

6. How to "renew" a server?

7. Slow Mail Delivery/New Mail Notification

8. New Mail Icon Displays but no new mail

9. New mail NOT refreshing in inbox, Outlook200-97.....Have to hit F5 to receive new mail

10. new mail icon displays but there is no new mail