do-not-reply black hole backfired

Post by Todd Hobde » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:59:48

We have a web service that sends announcements out via SMTP to our Exchange

mailbox on our system.  So I set up a distribution list of

the reply-to address, but never got around to configuring that part.  Today
an announcement went out that showed in Outlook as coming from

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this discrepancy?  It probably wouldn't
be that big of a deal except that I named the DNR account "do-not-reply
black hole" and one of our vice presidents is having a fit over it.