NTDS General - Internal Processing Error

NTDS General - Internal Processing Error

Post by Dixi » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:50:09

I am receiving the following error:
    Source:  NTDS General
    Category:  Internal Processing
    Event ID 1168.
    Error 1(1) has occurred. Internal ID 30d06fc.
Reading through technet/google I find that possibly the ntds.dit file is
corrupt.  (The AD file)
The file is date stamped the same time I get the error message -- once a day
for the last 2 weeks.
Everything else seems to be fine.

I work for a state -- we have no money, so I can't call Microsoft Product
Support like the error message tells me to.

This is the 2nd W2K domain controller in our mixed-mode NT environment. It
will become the W2K/Exchange2000 server in the next couple of weeks.
I have installed:
    W2K - SP3
    And ADC from SP3
    Run setup /schemaonly
    And Setup /forestprep

But I have not Installed the whole Exchange server nor setup /domainprep.

How can I fix this? I'd like to get rid of all my error messages before it
becomes mission critical and our Exchange server.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dixi

NTDS General - Internal Processing Error

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:55:37

You should probably dcpromo this server down to a member server and then
dcpromo it back up.

Might want to post to Windows newsgroup on this too.

--
Sincerely,

Nino Bilic
MCSE+I, W2K MCSE, MCSA, A+
Microsoft Exchange Support

Find out about Strategic Technology Protection Program and get our Security
Toolkit! Go to http://www.microsoft.com/security .

Quote:> I am receiving the following error: