M Drive question

Post by Jackie Butzbac » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:33:39

Can somebody explain exactly what the M drive does and how big does it need
to be?

Thanks,

Jackie

M Drive question

Post by Mark Fugat » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:44:50

Jackie

The M: is not a real drive, you do not need to specify a size for it, you do
not need to touch it.

You should not virus scan it or back it up, in other words leave the M:
alone, it is using by the Exchange 2000 (EXIFS).

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Can somebody explain exactly what the M drive does and how big does it
need
> to be?

> Thanks,

> Jackie

M Drive question

Post by Pedro Innecc » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:49:57

The M: drive is a virtual drive that access your Exchange
database objects through a filesystem structure. You can
access messages as if they were files and foldes as if
they were directories -- and AD permissions applies as
well.

It's quite useful for scripting with unix -- I would have
to say :)

As Mark said, you don't need to worry about it's size --
as long as you focus in the database itself :)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Can somebody explain exactly what the M drive does and

how big does it need
Quote:>to be?

>Thanks,

>Jackie

>.

1. M drive not showing up on MS Active Active cluster node 1 of 2

I have an active/active MS cluster with M: showing up on Node B.  On Node A
I am not seeing the drive.  Everything else is working OK.  Is there any way
to correct this?  Do I need to have this fixed, or is this just a bug that I
don't know about?

Thanks in advance
Gordon Cashmore
Ace Hardware Corp.

2. Exchange server reporting tool

3. ms exchange: c drive running out of space

4. Strange Network Problem ...

5. 9GB drives and MS Exchange Optimizer

6. Forward unread emails to different mailbox

7. How do I leave email on MS Excahnge 5.0 server v.s local hard drive

8. Calendar question

9. M drive not showing up on MS Active Active cluster node 1 of 2

10. Can't map network drive /MS Office error

11. M drive not showing up on MS Active Active cluster node 1 of 2

12. Back-up of M: drive questions