OWA but not for everybody

Post by Chris Gillen » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:33:45

Hi there,
I have a strange problem with OWA on Exchange 2000 (SP1),
part of SBS 2000. Some users are able to connect, others
don't. There are 2 admins in the network, same rights,
one ok the other one not. Strangest of all, any newly
created user (no other rights than 'Domain user') can
connect without problem. I've spent an hour checking
folder and virtual directories rights and comparing user
features but to no avail.
Has anyone encountered this before?
Thansk in advance for any help,
Chris

OWA but not for everybody

Post by Peter ?hr » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:43:34

We had the problem thata the server that we were trying to run OWA on were a
domain controller and the GPO didnt allow users to do anything localy on
the machine, dont know if this applies to your problem though.

Just a thought.

Quote:> Hi there,
> I have a strange problem with OWA on Exchange 2000 (SP1),
> part of SBS 2000. Some users are able to connect, others
> don't. There are 2 admins in the network, same rights,
> one ok the other one not. Strangest of all, any newly
> created user (no other rights than 'Domain user') can
> connect without problem. I've spent an hour checking
> folder and virtual directories rights and comparing user
> features but to no avail.
> Has anyone encountered this before?
> Thansk in advance for any help,
> Chris

1. OWA - Everybody can access everybody's e-mail

First there were problems te connect to OWA, now everyone can connect to
eachother's mailbox.
I can't write everyting I've done, because it would take up several pages, mainly
I've followed the 'Troubleshooting Guide of OWA', which seems to successfull.
Authentication method is basic text (because I want to implement SSL and because
NTLM cannot be used)

When user1 logs on to a Win95 pc, with credentials user1
he connects to OWA thru IE5.5 (\\server\exchange)
enters username and password (user1) in the network connection dialog
types user2 mailbox in logon box on OWA page
enters username and password (user1) in network connection dialog
He enters user2 his mailbox, without any errors.
This happens to all users, in every thinkable way.

Because this is not what I wanted, and because I shouldn't know which security
setting is allowing this it would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanks

2. EDBUTIL on DS doesn't fix it

3. ADC did not mail enable everybody

4. Duplicate emails

5. can send and receive but not to everybody

6. Exchange Connection between two Sites

7. ADC did not mail enable everybody

8. Agents tab missing in floder properties

9. For everybody that loves CDO, Exchange Server and DELPHI

10. Mail been spread to everybody!!!

11. Everybody access other mailboxes.

12. Sending e-mail to everybody

13. Stupid users sent stupid mails to everybody or many other users