Our e-mails are being rejected???

Post by Ozi » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:43:47

Hi,
We have a Exchange Server 2000 running on Win 2000
Server.
Recently, we are having some e-mail problems. Our e-mails
are bouncing back and the recipient rejects it, when we
send out e-mails to some enterprise size companies.

I thought, it has something to do with spam-proofing or
something. but, i just don`t know how to fix it.

thanks

Ozi

Our e-mails are being rejected???

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:02:13

Who have been blacklisted as an open relay:
http://www.ordb.org/lookup/?host=mail.trcat.com

You now need to contact ORDB and get it sorted out.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi,
> We have a Exchange Server 2000 running on Win 2000
> Server.
> Recently, we are having some e-mail problems. Our e-mails
> are bouncing back and the recipient rejects it, when we
> send out e-mails to some enterprise size companies.

> I thought, it has something to do with spam-proofing or
> something. but, i just don`t know how to fix it.

> thanks

> Ozi

Our e-mails are being rejected???

Post by Ozi » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:41:22

Thanks Mark.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Who have been blacklisted as an open relay:
>http://www.ordb.org/lookup/?host=mail.trcat.com

>You now need to contact ORDB and get it sorted out.

>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Microsoft Exchange MVP
>www.msexchange.org
>Chat with other Exchange junkies at

http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

>> Hi,
>> We have a Exchange Server 2000 running on Win 2000
>> Server.
>> Recently, we are having some e-mail problems. Our e-
mails
>> are bouncing back and the recipient rejects it, when we
>> send out e-mails to some enterprise size companies.

>> I thought, it has something to do with spam-proofing or
>> something. but, i just don`t know how to fix it.

>> thanks

>> Ozi

>.

Our e-mails are being rejected???

Post by Dale » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:31:10

Ozi,
Incase you hadn't quite gotten it all figure out yet...
Go to ORDB's page.  There is a link to an email address
there what I believe is called 'retest'.  By emailing them
from the IP that is blocked, they will automatically test
you as an open relay, and if the test is good, they will
remove your IP from their list.

Before you do that, make sure that you've set all the open
relay settings properly.  If you originally had an
Exchange 5.5 running, you may still have the 5.5 default
settings (including open-relay).  This will allow people
to send spam emails THROUGH your server.

My advice is to read up on it, fix the problem, then go to
ORDB and send in that email. Be warned that this email can
take up to 7 days.

Dale.