Notification of new mail

Post by Jody O'Brie » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Is there a way to send a "broadcast message" to a user from the server when
new mail arrives in their personal inbox?

I'm quite sure it can be done in Novell and am wondering if it can be done
in NT using Exchange.

/.. Jody

Notification of new mail

Post by Anthon » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

If the user has a MAPI client running, that client can be configured to
notify him of any new mail arriving.  The server will send a UDP packet out
for any client that it shows as logged on when a change occurs in that
client's logon mailbox.  MAPI clients will pick this up and take appropriate
action.

There is no way to send a more traditional network broadcast message (such
as the kind send from Server Manager) when mail arrives.  That would create
an awful lot of traffic, anyway.

--
Anthony

>Is there a way to send a "broadcast message" to a user from the server when
>new mail arrives in their personal inbox?

>I'm quite sure it can be done in Novell and am wondering if it can be done
>in NT using Exchange.

>/.. Jody

1. notification of new mail in another mailbox

Have Exchange Server 5.5, and I was wondering if it is
possible to notify other users if a message comes into a
specific mailbox.

e.g.   have mailbox for specific job (A)
    have 4 users who relate to this job but have own
seperate mailboxes (B, C, D, E)

if A gets a message (tend to include very large
attachments), send a notification message - along lines
of "A has new message, please check mailbox" - to B, C, D,
and E so that they can then log in as A and view message.

thanks in advance,

2. NT4 + Exchange 5.5 + Proxy 2...

3. Public folder sending notification of new mail

4. Exchange Event Service

5. Exchange 5.0 clients no longer get notification of new mail

6. Message Journaling / Redirect Email

7. Notification of new mail

8. Problems with public folders

9. ?? Delayed notification of New Mail