Exchange Server 2000 - unwanted duplicate messages - help with settings

Exchange Server 2000 - unwanted duplicate messages - help with settings

Post by Tomm » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:21:12

Have a situation which is doing my head in as I cannot find inforamtion
anywhere on the annoying scenario that exists on our exchange server (or
more likely have not used the right wording in searches on Microsoft KB and
other places). Need some help please...

Exchange Server receives emails through a POP3 downloading program
(POP2Exchange). Emails are being received ok and Exchange is delivering
these to the local mailboxes on the server, however, if the message includes
an external address in either the "To" or "CC", then the server
sends/relays/forwards a copy of the message to those external addresses. The
issue is that the person at the other end of the external email address
receives multiple copies of the message, ie. the origanl message from the
sender, copy (copies if the message was sent to more than on mailbox on the
exchange server) from our exchange server. We are getting irate people
contacting us and accusing us of having 1) viruses on our server 2)
spamming, etc...

I am relatively new to Exchange 2000 and so am sure that there is an easy
way to prevent the above scenario occuring, but don't know which settings in
Exchange System Manager to alter... HELP!

(PS. One of the people receiving the duplicate messages is our CEO and he is
getting pretty upset about it).

1. Exchange Server 2000 - unwanted duplicate messages - help with settings

[...]

2. Standard disclaimer in Exchange 5.0

3. PLEASE HELP...!@# DUPLICATE MESSAGES IN OUTLOOK 2000

4. Outlook 11 not on the exch 2k3 RC2 cd?

5. Need help setting up exchange server 2000 + dns/pop3 config

6. Exchange 2000 Server public folders vs Share Point

7. Help me to Stop unwanted E-mail to postmaster@domain.com in MS Exchange Server 5.0

8. Bad Credit?

9. Duplicate SMTP message in Exchange 2000

10. help!!!, How to restore exchange Server 2000 Data to the other exchange server 2000

11. duplicate exchange 2000 server

12. Help...Exchange SMTP OnArrival Sink sending duplicate message

13. importing Exchange Server 5.5 configurations and settings to Exchange 2000