Information Store limit / Maximum Size

Post by Stev » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:08:46

Does anyone know is there a limit on the size of your
information store with Exchange 2000 like Exchange 5.5?

Information Store limit / Maximum Size

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:43:23

Look at Q296614 on the Microsoft Knowledgebase

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Does anyone know is there a limit on the size of your
> information store with Exchange 2000 like Exchange 5.5?

1. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

Hello all,
I am looking for some help/information/Research

My users are pack rats and store EVERYTHING in email

I have tried to implement limits - but I am always told -
I need everything

I am trying to get some info together that will support me
in Strictly enforcing mail box size limits

So I need to here what your Information store size is,
mail box limits, and number of users

Here is how I have it set up - I think I am being more
then Generous and well over the industry standards -
Please let me know...

Exchange 5.5 standard- 110 Users
Private store size currently 9.98GIG - on a 46.8GIG drive
Limits
200000K - Warning
400000K - Prohibit send
500000K - Disable mailbox

Currently I have 10 users over 300000K and 9 users over
200000K

These users cried to the CFO and I was TOLD to give them
more space - So I set up personal folders for each one

Now they are all over 500MB on their personal folders and
some in the 900MB range - the personal folders are stored
on their private network share's

Now they are reaching the limits of their Private network
shares to (I have a utility that limits how much space a
user can store on the share it is set to 2GIG for private
share and 250MB for community share per user)

Again they are crying for more space - even though they
have junk in their Personal folders and Inboxes that they
can remove - they say they do not have time.

And my BU times have Tripled, Their Personal shares are
growing in excess of 1GIG a month

The Private store grew 2gig's in 5 weeks

As you can see I need to control this growth - So I need
data to show that my limits are Reasonable and DATA and
Mail storage and clean up IS PART OF THEIR JOB!!

We are a small company - only 115 users

My CIO totally agrees with me

The problem is HIS boss

Totally ignores anything IT

Basically agrees to limits - then when a user reaches the
limits - tells us to remove them because the user has to
do their Job

Ignoring the fact that for the past 2 months these users
have been receiving warning messages and ignoring them

It makes my job all but impossible

PLEASE post any info and what ever else you feel could
help me take this issue to the Big boss and SHOW him that
we are NOT doing things correctly
IE - our store is to big, our limits are too high, and
users JOB must included proper data management.

BTW - the ONLY reason I have been told why the can NOT
clean their mailboxes and manage their server data is

I DONT HAVE ENOUGHT TIME!!

2. Cisco Unity and Service pack 4 for exchange 5.5

3. Information Store Reached Maximum Size 16gb

4. public folder permissions

5. Maximum size of information store

6. stetting up exchange

7. Exchange 5.5 Public Information Store reached maximum allowed size

8. Help Re: Microsoft Exchange (Sending Fax)

9. Information store size reached maximum ----HELP----

10. Exchange 5.5 Public Information Store reached maximum allowed size

11. Information Store Size Limit

12. Exchange 2000 Information Store size limit