runout of disk space

Post by luca » Wed, 28 May 2003 04:04:49

I do every night a full backup and reset archive with
backup exec .Exchange keep log 40G of log files every day.

runout of disk space

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 28 May 2003 04:45:18

Check to make sure your AV software is not configured to scan the Exchange
DB's and the directory that your Exchange log files are in, also make sure
its not configured to scan the M:

Are you running the Backup Exec Exchange Agent?

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I do every night a full backup and reset archive with
> backup exec .Exchange keep log 40G of log files every day.

runout of disk space

Post by luca » Wed, 28 May 2003 15:06:39

I did disable  norton anti virus to scan m: drive and
exchange db. Yes run backup exec agent for exchange

Thank for your help
Lucas

s >-----Original Message-----
>Check to make sure your AV software is not configured to
scan the Exchange
>DB's and the directory that your Exchange log files are
in, also make sure
>its not configured to scan the M:

>Are you running the Backup Exec Exchange Agent?

>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Microsoft Exchange MVP
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>www.msexchange.org

>> I do every night a full backup and reset archive with
>> backup exec .Exchange keep log 40G of log files every
day.

>.

1. Logs low disk space error when there is plenty of disk space

Hello,
I'm having a problem with Exchange 5.5 where it logs the
following errors:

event ese97 146 database engine rejecting update
operations low feree disk space on log disk

MsexchangeIS log disk is full attemtping to stop ms
exchange store. service

The problem is that I have plenty of space on all the
drives in that machine. The log drive has over 1 GB free
and the information store drive has over 2 GB free and the
system drive has over 1 GB free, even while Exchange is
logging this error that there isn't enough disk space.

Any ideas as to what might cause this behavior or how to
stop it? Thanks!

2. not able to move or delete multiple files

3. Out of disk space - split Exch to 2 local disks

4. Can you recommend a Mailing List Add-on?

5. Nimda on Exchange Server eats up disk space

6. Updating all Email addresses

7. Exchange server - lack of disk space

8. multiple admin groups???

9. Hard disk space problem

10. Disk Space

11. Determining the size of disk space usage

12. Disk space on Exchange server

13. Hard disk space reducing