Spam filter (Norton a/v filtering)

Post by Jess » Wed, 28 May 2003 02:11:34

Recently our company purchase Symantec AVF for exchange to
filter spam by subject and contents. ( dont know why
symantec but anyways)
So the install goes fine however when I try to access the
console for AVF, I get an error: 500 Internal server error.

This program uses web base control which use port 8081.
If you have any experience with Symantec avf, Can you help
me out here.

Is there any steps that I am missing?
Is this even a good filter compare to the other ones thats
been talked about?

Thank you
Jesse

Spam filter (Norton a/v filtering)

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 28 May 2003 08:24:23

Are you putting in :8081 in the browser when you try to connect?
Have you checked with symantec support?

> Recently our company purchase Symantec AVF for exchange to
> filter spam by subject and contents. ( dont know why
> symantec but anyways)
> So the install goes fine however when I try to access the
> console for AVF, I get an error: 500 Internal server error.

> This program uses web base control which use port 8081.
> If you have any experience with Symantec avf, Can you help
> me out here.

> Is there any steps that I am missing?
> Is this even a good filter compare to the other ones thats
> been talked about?

> Thank you
> Jesse

Spam filter (Norton a/v filtering)

Post by Mark T » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 03:02:01

Make sure the website is running in IIS.

Mark

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Recently our company purchase Symantec AVF for exchange
>filter spam by subject and contents. ( dont know why
>symantec but anyways)
>So the install goes fine however when I try to access
the
>console for AVF, I get an error: 500 Internal server
error.

>This program uses web base control which use port 8081.
>If you have any experience with Symantec avf, Can you
help
>me out here.

>Is there any steps that I am missing?
>Is this even a good filter compare to the other ones
thats
>been talked about?

>Thank you
>Jesse

>.

1. SPAM filtering via message filters: mass import?

Exchange System Manager allows you to block domains or
email addresses in the Global Settings, Message Delivery,
Filtering tab. But this only allows you to add them one
at a time. The Active Directory property it saves to,
msExchServerBindingsTurflist, will also only allow you to
add one at a time. Is there any way to import a file of
domains/emails? I found nothing on TechNet or the web
about this.

Thanks.
John

2. Non Delivery Report

3. got virus yesterday that norton filtered out, but usser passwords gets rejected

4. DNS

5. Exch 2003 Issue: Sender Filter Archiving with Connection Filter Enabled

6. Client editor for network share.

7. Filters filter which line?

8. how to make multidrop mailbox in exchange 2000

9. Exchange 2000 mail filter - \exchsrvr\mailroot\ vsi# \filter folder missing

10. Mail filtering filters auto notification emails?

11. exchange 5.5 spam filtering

12. Server based SPAM Filter

13. SPAM Filtering Software