Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

Post by Pieter van der Wal » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:15:02

To whom it may concern....

I am busy looking at implementing at a fairly large organisation (4000
users) a messaging system that will also integrate into SAP R/3.

The two products that have made the shortlist are Exchange 2000 and Lotus
Notes R5. I was wondering if there is anyonwe out there that can give me
some advise on any experience they might have had on implementing these
within their organisations - horror stories, ease of implementation etc. Any
references would also be appreciated.

(Desktop OS will be Windows 2K and potentially Office or SmartSuite - once
again some advise here would also be appreciated - currently have a mix and
match of Lotus and Microsoft software within 8 divisions within the
organisation!)

Thanks for the advice in anticipation

Kind regards

Pieter

Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:59:23

(Please do NOT crosspost).

Start by visiting
www.microsoft.com/exchange
and
www.lotus.com
Find comparison between products and compare two reviews.
Also take into account that horror stories (in both cases) are result of
improper management.

Quote:> To whom it may concern....

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

Post by Martin Tui » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:16:19

Must agree on that one ... read both comparions and find the thruth in the
middle.

--
Martin Tuip
http://www.exchange-mail.org

----

Member of CDOLive
The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Development
http://www.cdolive.com

> (Please do NOT crosspost).

> Start by visiting
> www.microsoft.com/exchange
> and
> www.lotus.com
> Find comparison between products and compare two reviews.
> Also take into account that horror stories (in both cases) are result of
> improper management.

> > To whom it may concern....

> > I am busy looking at implementing at a fairly large organisation (4000
> > users) a messaging system that will also integrate into SAP R/3.

> > The two products that have made the shortlist are Exchange 2000 and
Lotus
> > Notes R5. I was wondering if there is anyonwe out there that can give me
> > some advise on any experience they might have had on implementing these
> > within their organisations - horror stories, ease of implementation etc.
Any
> > references would also be appreciated.

> > (Desktop OS will be Windows 2K and potentially Office or SmartSuite -
once
> > again some advise here would also be appreciated - currently have a mix
and
> > match of Lotus and Microsoft software within 8 divisions within the
> > organisation!)

> > Thanks for the advice in anticipation

> > Kind regards

> > Pieter

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

Post by Andrew Swor » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:17:10

I would make a more dtailed list of requirements then do research. Maybe
even try a pilot.

Regards
Andrew Sword, MVP

Quote:> To whom it may concern....

> I am busy looking at implementing at a fairly large organisation (4000
> users) a messaging system that will also integrate into SAP R/3.

> The two products that have made the shortlist are Exchange 2000 and Lotus
> Notes R5. I was wondering if there is anyonwe out there that can give me
> some advise on any experience they might have had on implementing these
> within their organisations - horror stories, ease of implementation etc.
Any
> references would also be appreciated.

> (Desktop OS will be Windows 2K and potentially Office or SmartSuite - once
> again some advise here would also be appreciated - currently have a mix
and
> match of Lotus and Microsoft software within 8 divisions within the
> organisation!)

> Thanks for the advice in anticipation

> Kind regards

> Pieter

1. Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

To whom it may concern....

I am busy looking at implementing at a fairly large organisation (4000
users) a messaging system that will also integrate into SAP R/3.

The two products that have made the shortlist are Exchange 2000 and Lotus
Notes R5. I was wondering if there is anyonwe out there that can give me
some advise on any experience they might have had on implementing these
within their organisations - horror stories, ease of implementation etc. Any
references would also be appreciated.

(Desktop OS will be Windows 2K and potentially Office or SmartSuite - once
again some advise here would also be appreciated - currently have a mix and
match of Lotus and Microsoft software within 8 divisions within the
organisation!)

Thanks for the advice in anticipation

Kind regards

Pieter

2. REPOST: Exchange server 4.0 and OL98 HTML Mail problems

3. IMS service hung on starting (event ID:7022)

4. Problem with e-mail reportfunction

5. Exchange 2000 vs. Lotus Notes R5

6. **Help on forwarding email to the Internet**

7. Exchange 2000 connector for Lotus Notes R5

8. How to import Lotus Notes R5 mail file to exchange 2000

9. Lotus Notes vs. Exchange 2000

10. Connecting Exchange 5.5 to Lotus Notes R5

11. Lotus Notes R5 Client with Exchange Server 5.5