How to create an address book for an LDAP server?

How to create an address book for an LDAP server?

Post by Philip Nun » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:46:32

Is there a way to connect to an LDAP server and create an Exchange 2000
address book or another GAL so that clients could view the LDAP server as an
address book?  I can add the ldap server as an address book in outlook and
it is very slow.  I would love to have it show up as GAL or additional
address book users could browse through with a mapi client.

Phil

How to create an address book for an LDAP server?

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:34:47

Simply fill up entries from the LDAP server by syncin' entries. For example,
make LDAP organizationalPerson objects become mail-enabled AD contacts, so they
will show up.
This requires either a bit of ADSI knowledge, either using a meta-directory (which
a bit too big considering your needs). A good balance would be to use a third
party tool such as SimpleSync from http:///www.cps-system.com  (send them a mail
they will reply you for feasability)

Good luck ^^