550 Relaying is prohibited

Post by Bruc » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 23:25:56

DUH!  Turns out our settings were not entirely correct.
Here's what was causing the problem.  If you go to
properties of the Default SMTP Virtual server->Delivery
tab->Advanced, a smart host was defined that was carried
over from the 5.5 upgrade.  At that time it was needed,
but after changing ISP's, the smart host was no longer
valid or needed.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We are receiving the error referenced in the subject
>field.  A description is below.

>Intermittently, I receive back to my server undeliverable
>emails.  They are returned for relaying errors.  The
exact
>text of the returned failure is below.

>------------------------

> Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
>recipients.

is
>prohibited>

>This happens to different users sending to different
>domains.  If the user resends the message, it goes
>through.  The Exchange server is running sp2, all users
>are on the same subnet as the server and we have
confirmed
>that the server is configured correctly to only allow
>relays from the local net.

>.

1. 550 Relaying is prohibited

I am getting a  "550 Relaying is prohibited" error when
using outlook to send email to external email address such
as yahoo, aol, hotmail etc. I am able to send email to
internal email address successfully.

When connect to my LAN I am only able to send to internal
email address. When sending to external address I recieve
the following error " Unable to deliver the message due to
a communication failure. The MTS-ID of the original
message is :"

Can someone give me so insight on what the hell is going
on with my email system.

2. Can we insert messages in forms?

3. 550 Relay prohibited

4. Exchange and SQL server

5. 550 Relaying is prohibited

6. connector activity in Exchange 2000 log

7. M Drive Storage Capacity

8. "550 Relaying is prohibited"

9. 550: Relaying is prohibited

10. 550 Relaying is prohibited...