Export/Import utility & Outlook question

Export/Import utility & Outlook question

Post by Troy Sulliva » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

EXCHANGE 5.5 SP 1 & 2
I'm trying to use the command line utility c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin to export
all of the attributes for a mailbox object.  I have tried using the option
file (numerous configurations) and specifically the InformationLevel=Full
parameter but this still does not export all of the data only certain
attributes.  Any help?

EXCHANGE/OUTLOOK
As a user with a valid mail profile & appropriate mailbox settings (eg
mailbox associated with the right NT account) I used Outlook 97 to gain
access to the Address Book (aka Global Address List (GAL)) by selecting
Tools/Address Book.  By double-clicking on my entry in the Address Book I
viewed my personal mailbox attributes (Address, Postal Code, Phone Number,
etc.).  Unfortunately, I am unable to modify these attributes!  I researched
the BackOffice Resource Kit BORK & found that there is a utility for
modifying mailbox attributes; futhermore, a setting (I believe it is
"account-access") in the Schema can be changed to specify user security.  So
far I cannot figure out the correct value for this setting or whether it
will actually enable me to edit mailbox attributes from Outlook 97.   Any
help?

Thanks for your time,
Troy

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>EXCHANGE 5.5 SP 1 & 2
>I'm trying to use the command line utility c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin to export
>all of the attributes for a mailbox object.  I have tried using the option
>file (numerous configurations) and specifically the InformationLevel=Full
>parameter but this still does not export all of the data only certain
>attributes.  Any help?

The properties and attributes exported are determined by the contents
of the first line of the CSV file (the "header"). The Exchange admin
program will, if it doesn't find a header record, construct one with a
mimimal set of attributes.

You can use the HEADER.EXE file from the BORK to build the CSV header
record, or you can construct one yourself. The Exchange Migration
Guide (found on the Exchange server CD as a series of files, one per
chapter) has an appendix ("D") that describes the attributes and their
names. Chaper 3 of that guide is also useful.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Export/Import utility & Outlook question

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I would add that HEADER.exe can be found in downloadable file at
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/exchange/rkintel/13000.htm
ExchResKit

> >EXCHANGE 5.5 SP 1 & 2
> >I'm trying to use the command line utility c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin to export
> >all of the attributes for a mailbox object.  I have tried using the option
> >file (numerous configurations) and specifically the InformationLevel=Full
> >parameter but this still does not export all of the data only certain
> >attributes.  Any help?

> The properties and attributes exported are determined by the contents
> of the first line of the CSV file (the "header"). The Exchange admin
> program will, if it doesn't find a header record, construct one with a
> mimimal set of attributes.

> You can use the HEADER.EXE file from the BORK to build the CSV header
> record, or you can construct one yourself. The Exchange Migration
> Guide (found on the Exchange server CD as a series of files, one per
> chapter) has an appendix ("D") that describes the attributes and their
> names. Chaper 3 of that guide is also useful.

> ------------------
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. Export/Import utility & Outlook question

[...]

2. Exchange Forms

3. how to display tables with border lines

4. Public Folders transfer?

5. Export & Import utility

6. Forwarding internal mail to an external mailaddress

7. Import/ Export Utility

8. Looking for multiple export/import utility

9. Importing& Exporting Calendar Information

10. Export & Import Userlist in Exchange 2000