Exchange 2000 disaster recovery problem

Post by John McCo » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:26:37

I am testing Exchange 2000 disaster recovery to different hardware. We
installed Windows 2000, ran dcpromo, patched it and installed Exchange 2000
in disasterrecovery mode. The problem is that in our original environment
Exchange 2000 was installed on E: and when the Exchange 2000 would only
point to C: I saw no way to change the install directory, any ideas?

Restoring will be a slight problem now since it is looking for e:

Thanks

--
John McCoy

Exchange 2000 disaster recovery problem

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:26:39

Hi John,

You currently have blank databases by the sounds of it.  This will allow you
to move them to the correct locale and then follow with the restore

257184 XADM: How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257184

Hope this helps
--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

> I am testing Exchange 2000 disaster recovery to different hardware. We
> installed Windows 2000, ran dcpromo, patched it and installed Exchange
2000
> in disasterrecovery mode. The problem is that in our original environment
> Exchange 2000 was installed on E: and when the Exchange 2000 would only
> point to C: I saw no way to change the install directory, any ideas?

> Restoring will be a slight problem now since it is looking for e:

> Thanks

> --
> John McCoy

1. Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects

We have 3 Exchange 2000 servers in my organization and we
just had to rebuild one using the /disasterrecovery
switch.  I followed the instructions in KB 297289 and for
the most part it worked.  We are able to pass mail, which
was the important thing.  My question has to do with the
effects to my server after using the /disasterrecovery
switch.  Although we are still in the same exchange
organization and can send/receive mail there still seems
to be some issues with my server.  For one, the exchange
program group wasn't created during the install and
trying to run the System Manager I get:

Snap-in failed to initialize
Name - not available
CLSID {1B600AEA-10BA-11D2-9F28-00C04FA37610}

..then System Manager opens, but you can't do anything
from it.  I use ArcServe to backup Exchange and the agent
for ArcServe doesn't seem to work properly now.  Again,
on the surface Exchange is working, but it still doesn't
seem complete.  I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right,
but there seems to be a ripple effect that is causing
some other apps not to function correctly.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

2. distribution list

3. Exchange 2000 Disaster Recovery Plan

4. SMTP Filter question again ???

5. Exchange 2000 - Disaster Recovery - effects

6. Preventing outlook from creating default item for a new user

7. Exchange 2000 availability at a Disaster Recovery Site

8. Filter out SMTP Mail

9. Disaster recovery: Recovering Exchange 2000 to recovered domain

10. Disaster Recovery for Exchange 2000

11. Exchange 2000 Disaster Recovery Test

12. Exchange 2000 - disaster recovery site

13. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster