Mailbox problem in Exchange2K/Exchange55

Mailbox problem in Exchange2K/Exchange55

Post by Jan B. Christense » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:24:26

Scenario: 1 NT 4.0 Domain with Exchange 5.5 and 1 W2K Domain with
Exchange2K.
Two way trust between the two domains.
One Exchange org and site

Problem with one account which was created in NT 4.0 and mailbox in Exchange
5.5.

We were hit by power failure and the NT 4.0 PDC crashed and didn't came
backup.

New account was created in W2K and linked in Exchange 5.5 Administrator with
mailbox in Exchange 5.5.

Later mailbox was moved from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2K. Here there was
problems accessing the account.

A couple of hours later mailbox was moved back to Exchange 5.5. The move was
reported succesful.

In W2K AD now reports that mailbox resides on the Exchange 5.5 server.

In Exchange 5.5 Administrator home server says that mailbox resides on the
Exchange 2K server.

Mailbox can't be accessed, can't be moved - we are stuck

Any advise what to do?

Thanks in advance

Jan

Mailbox problem in Exchange2K/Exchange55

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:53:33

I think this might help - see near the end of the article:

299473 XADM: The "HomeMDB" Attribute Is Reset After You Move Mailboxes from
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299473

--
Sincerely,

Nino Bilic
MCSE+I, W2K MCSE, MCSA, A+
Microsoft Exchange Support

Find out about Strategic Technology Protection Program and get our Security
Toolkit! Go to http://www.microsoft.com/security .

Quote:> Scenario: 1 NT 4.0 Domain with Exchange 5.5 and 1 W2K Domain with
> Exchange2K.
> Two way trust between the two domains.
> One Exchange org and site

> Problem with one account which was created in NT 4.0 and mailbox in
Exchange
> 5.5.

> We were hit by power failure and the NT 4.0 PDC crashed and didn't came
> backup.

> New account was created in W2K and linked in Exchange 5.5 Administrator
with
> mailbox in Exchange 5.5.

> Later mailbox was moved from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2K. Here there was
> problems accessing the account.

> A couple of hours later mailbox was moved back to Exchange 5.5. The move
was
> reported succesful.

> In W2K AD now reports that mailbox resides on the Exchange 5.5 server.

> In Exchange 5.5 Administrator home server says that mailbox resides on the
> Exchange 2K server.

> Mailbox can't be accessed, can't be moved - we are stuck

> Any advise what to do?

> Thanks in advance

> Jan

1. HELP - NT4/Exchange55 and W2K/Exchange55

I have an NT4 (PDC) with Exchange 5.5 SP3. I also have another server W2K
Advance Server (Member) and I am trying to install Exchange 5.5 from
Backoffice 4.5.

During installation I select to Join existing site. I enter the server. it
finds it proceeds to install, gets the information from the server, but on
the screen when it says "Setup adding objects...", something like that, it
stays there for a long time and then it says there were errors check Event
Log. In the event log the message says "The directory service reported the
following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond".
Needless to say Exchange does not start up. I get the infamous "The system
could not find the specified file" .

I tried the following workaround:

I am able to install on W2K machine only as a new site. Then I thought I
would use the Move Server Wizard. However, when I ran it from my NT machine
I get a message saying I need SP2 or above, even-though I successfully
installed sp3.

It is clearly written that SP3 is required from Exchange to run under W2K,
however I need to install Exchange before I can apply Service Pack. Right?

Thanks,
Perry

2. HP Director

3. For Ashley Webb- re:Exchange2k Mailbox problem

4. Remove public folder from Global Address List

5. Exchange2k mailbox permission problem

6. Global Address List Help

7. Migrating(moving) Exchange2k to Exchange2k

8. Restoring Exchange to Another Server

9. Exchange2K Server to Exchange2K Enterprise

10. Benefit of exchagne2k over exchange55

11. Block OWA to ServiceAccount-Exchange55

12. EXCHANGE55 FORM NT4 DOMAIN TO WIN2K AD

13. Benefit of exchagne2k over exchange55