Public Folders and Automation

Post by Suresh Kuma » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I've just developed a custom form that has certain important custom fields
attached to a specific Public Folder. What I would like to do is to automate
the process of sending a mail to a specific user depending on the post type
(support,admin,etc...) and include the custom fields.

I have manged to automate the sending part but am unsure on how to go about
attaching the custom fields into the mail message.

Any ideas??

Suresh

Public Folders and Automation

Post by Rick Spiewa » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You'll need to publish the form in the Organizational Forms Library.
You can use an Event Script to handle sending it to the users.

Quote:> I've just developed a custom form that has certain important custom fields
> attached to a specific Public Folder. What I would like to do is to
automate
> the process of sending a mail to a specific user depending on the post
type
> (support,admin,etc...) and include the custom fields.

> I have manged to automate the sending part but am unsure on how to go
about
> attaching the custom fields into the mail message.

> Any ideas??

> Suresh

1. Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

Hi,

 I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically post an Office Document
 using Outlook Automation.

 Basically, I'd like to duplicate what happens when a user drags
 an Office document into a Public folder.

 What Outlook does is create a new message with the type
 IPM.Document.foo, fill in the appropriate properties and
 create an attachment using the document.

 My first thought had been to create a IPM.Post message, attach the
office document and then change the message class to IPM.Document.foo.

This didn't work.. I've been scanning the web and archives for
a clue but haven't seen one yet.

 thanks,
 jon

--
Jon Steer -- BitScout Software,Inc -- Software Consulting and Products
Specialties: Device Drivers, Communications, H.32x Systems Consulting

2. Hi. Everytime we send an email using GM to a particular contact, the email

3. Automation on Public Folder

4. what are those log files

5. create items in a shared folder with VB-Automation

6. port 25 timeout - inbound

7. Controlling Personal Folders using automation

8. mail before x date on server but won't show in client?

9. Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

10. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

11. Search on Public Folders,,,Public Folder replication,,,,WorkFlow Tool

12. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )