Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users

Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users

Post by Daniel W » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

We have Exchange 5.5 on NT4 SP3. Clients use either Exchange Client 5.0 or
Outlook 97/98. My problem is that Outlook users regularly, say once an hour
or so, receive a message from the Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector that
contains garbage, addressed to "Users" and subject "schdata". Exchange
Client users do not receive this. Why is this happening and how can I stop
it? Is it something to do with Exchange updating shared schedules?

Thanks,

Daniel Wu

Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users

Post by Dev Internet P » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have the same problem (twice) and no answer but our set-up is 2 * MS
Exchange 5.0 servers running  SP.2.0 and Outlook 97/Exchange 5.0 Client.

The problem appeared at first to be related to the fact that the accounts
which received these messages had at some point been used as templates for a
migration of users from an MS Mail server.  One of  the servers has recently
been "repaired" via the NT upgrade/repair function - and the problem is
still there.

The messages only appear when people elsewhere on the system uses Schedule
Plus or the scheduling part of Outlook.  This has been tested and proven to
occur, everytime either or those two components are used.

The NT server is Ver.4.0 SP3.

Im sorry this is not an answer, but hopefully itll help point someone out
there to an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Hi there,

>We have Exchange 5.5 on NT4 SP3. Clients use either Exchange Client 5.0 or
>Outlook 97/98. My problem is that Outlook users regularly, say once an hour
>or so, receive a message from the Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector that
>contains garbage, addressed to "Users" and subject "schdata". Exchange
>Client users do not receive this. Why is this happening and how can I stop
>it? Is it something to do with Exchange updating shared schedules?

    Are you connecting to an MS Mail postoffice anywhere?  If not, then run
the Exchange Server setup program and remove the MS Mail Connector.  This
will take out the Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector as well.  The S+ connector
is provided for the sharing of free/busy time with MS Mail users.  If you
have only Outlook/Exchange users, they will use a hidden system "public"
folder to make their free/busy time available to other users.

1. Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users

Hi there,

We have Exchange 5.5 on NT4 SP3. Clients use either Exchange Client 5.0 or
Outlook 97/98. My problem is that Outlook users regularly, say once an hour
or so, receive a message from the Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector that
contains garbage, addressed to "Users" and subject "schdata". Exchange
Client users do not receive this. Why is this happening and how can I stop
it? Is it something to do with Exchange updating shared schedules?

Thanks,

Daniel Wu

2. Expired password only when accessing through Outlook Web Access??

3. MTA Tracking logs

4. Missing body in HTML format

5. Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector messages in Outlook

6. Sue Mosher: Re: Can't Use word as E-Mail Editor

7. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

8. second try :connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy

9. connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy

10. Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

11. Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector will not start