Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...

Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...

Post by Luis Bae » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 09:17:28

Not having more details, I must say the drive space used is from the memory
dump.  The store.exe likes memory and if it crashed, it is likely that a
dump was created.

Luis

Quote:> Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
> information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
> and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
> drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
> stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
> are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
> figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
> the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
> the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
> got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
> out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

> thanks in advance..!!

Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...

Post by Want To Kno » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:16:42

search the hardisk for the biggest filesize

> Not having more details, I must say the drive space used is from the
memory
> dump.  The store.exe likes memory and if it crashed, it is likely that a
> dump was created.

> Luis

> > Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
> > information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
> > and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
> > drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
> > stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
> > are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
> > figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
> > the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
> > the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
> > got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
> > out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

> > thanks in advance..!!

1. Exchange 2000 server mysteriously filling up hard drive

Yesterday... on Exchange server SP1 on Windows 2000 my
information store crashed..  I managed to go into services
and restart the store...  i came in this morning and c:
drive had dropped 1 gig in free space.  My information
stores are located on my E: drive and my transaction logs
are only about 48mb in size.  For the life of me i can't
figure out what would have consumed 1 gig.  I looked in
the mail queue and it is also empty.  It looked like from
the event viewer that it had done it's own recovery and
got everything back up and working.  I just need to find
out what that 1 gig of stuff is..

thanks in advance..!!

2. List Server for Exchange?

3. PLEASE HELP !Exchange 2000 server is mysteriously filling up hard drive

4. Where/How to set Message size limit?

5. Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling up hard drive

6. who to move Exchange 5.0, to a new computer with distinct domain an distinct name Organization but the same name computer.

7. Exchange server 5.5 filling up hard drive

8. Shared Address Book

9. Log files mysteriously filling up my drive

10. Exchange Growing to fill the whole hard drive

11. Exchange 2000 mysteriously filling hard drive... PLEASE HELP..

12. hard drive filling up