RPC Server Unavailable?

Post by Jones » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:35:19

When using the NLTEST utility to check for secure channels it returns
"I_NetLogonControl failed: Status = 1722 0x6ba RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE"

This is returned at the GC server and completes successfully on other DCs.
Does it just not run on the GC so this would be normal, or is there a
problem somewhere?

How do I troubleshoot this?  Thanks!

RPC Server Unavailable?

Post by Jones » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:39:29

Sorry, wrong NG

Quote:> When using the NLTEST utility to check for secure channels it returns
> "I_NetLogonControl failed: Status = 1722 0x6ba RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE"

> This is returned at the GC server and completes successfully on other DCs.
> Does it just not run on the GC so this would be normal, or is there a
> problem somewhere?

> How do I troubleshoot this?  Thanks!

1. RPC server unavailable

We run Exchange 5.5 SP1 on a Dell PowerEdge 2300.  I have an issue and I was
wondering if anyone else had seen it.  All clients are Dell OptiPlex's
running NTW4 SP3 or SP4 using onboard 3Com NIC and Dell NT4 drivers.
Something happens when we try to connect that effectively renders the
Exchange server inoperable, forcing you to do a forced restart.  Because the
RPC server is no longer available, you can't even issue net stop (services)
from the command line.  Anybody seen this or got any ideas?

Joe Wise
Director of Information Systems
Indigo Networks

2. Exchange Online Backup

3. The RPC Server is unavailable (DNS)

4. Pb with sending e-mail for RAS Client

5. RPC Service is unavailable

6. E-mail redirect!

7. RPC Service is Unavailable Error Message

8. Moving from 5.5 to 2K, how do I get resources to auto-accept again?

9. RPC Service is unavailable

10. Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable/Unable to resolve server

11. RPC Problem Server to Server

12. RPC server too busy, cannot shutdown server

13. RPC Server too busy after trying stating Exchange Server