Public folder (secure file folder) database on remote server

Public folder (secure file folder) database on remote server

Post by Jonathan Gil » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:19:00

Hi All,

I have an Exchange server set up here (2000) and a second server that I
wish to use as a file storage server.  Is there any way to put the
databases for the public folders (secure file folder) on the remote
server, every time I try to put the UNC name in to the database field
(with the file name) it says "specified path is not valid"

Please help

Thanks

--
Jonathan Gill

1. Changing Public Folder Database from Remote to Local

Hello

I have had an issue in switching my public folder database that my
mailbox store accesses from a remote store to a local store. I did
this because I wanted the speed of local hierarchy access. This worked
on 1 of my Exchange servers, failed on the rest. I am running Exchange
2000 Mixed mode - service pack 3 on all machines. If I switch my
Public Folder database back to the local store, OWA users on that
particular server can't access public folders or delete mailbox items
(Outlook clients are Ok though). Has anyone out there had these issues
or have any insight as to the correct procedure for switching public
folder databases?

Thanks!

2. Microsoft's intent for data connection in Digital Dashboard?

3. Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

4. Help me get SMTP working remotely....

5. Public Folder problem: lost dates on some folders and files

6. email address.

7. Public Folders to file folders

8. CDO AddressEntryFilter

9. Remote client to acess Exchange server Public folder and distribution list

10. Securing Public Folders

11. Public Folder as Secure Newsgroup

12. Custom Contacts being deleted from secured Public Folder

13. Securing Public Contact Folder