Exchange with GroupShield virus scan problem

Exchange with GroupShield virus scan problem

Post by Christopher Calvi » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

We recently installed GroupShield to protect our incoming/outgoing email
from viruses.  After the installation completed and services were restarted,
any message received with an attachment could not be viewed as read after
opening it.  The message will appear with the closed envelope no matter if
it is opened, moved, forwarded, read, replied to, put in deleted items...
nothing.  We have tried marking it as unread, then marking it as read and
the closed envelope just stays there.

The reason this is a problem is due to the need of redirection appearance.
We have people in our organization that do a lot of forwarding and replying,
and it gets very confusing to them if all their email with attachments is
shown as not being read, forwarded or replied to... even if any of the
previous tasks have been performed on the items.

Any help would be appreciated.  PLEASE RESPOND VIA EMAIL.

Christopher Calvin
G. A. Sullivan

1. Exchange and GroupShield virus scan problem

[...]

2. OWA & GAL

3. Virus Scan Trend Micro Virus Scan or McAfee Groupshield

4. Incoming mail - any ideas

5. GroupShield 4.5 and background virus scanning

6. LDAP address list

7. OWA as Default web site

8. Problems virus scanning public folders

9. Groupshield for Exchange - scanning taking a loooong time

10. Recommendations for a good Virus scanning program for M'soft Exchange 5.5

11. Virus scan for Exchange Server?

12. Exchange server anti virus scan attachments?