Moving Public Folders

Post by . » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on different
servers, and in different domains.
I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure out
how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I don't
want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside of
the new 5.5 structure.

Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

Thanks in advance.

Moving Public Folders

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on different
>servers, and in different domains.
>I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure out
>how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I don't
>want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside of
>the new 5.5 structure.

>Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

Create a replica of the public folder on the other server.

Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

Moving Public Folders

Post by Nick Blac » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Create Personal Folders, log on to old server, copy Public Folders into Personal
Folders, log on to new server, then copy Personal Folders to Public Folders. You
will lose any security info etc. doing this though. Also make sure that you take
any view filters off first !!

Nick Black
--

> II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on different
> servers, and in different domains.
> I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure out
> how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I don't
> want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside of
> the new 5.5 structure.

> Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

> Thanks in advance.

Moving Public Folders

Post by Christopher G. Ringquis » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have a very similar situation as this person.
I tried to do this exactly as you explain without success.
The files moved alright, but I can't open any of the copied
entries.  For example, I can create new calendar entries but
I can't change any of the calendar entries that I copied from
the old server to the new server. I get a MAPI failure of some kind.
Any ideas?  I figure I can't open old entries because of the
differences in ES 4.0 and ES 5.0.  Might I have some other issue?

>Create Personal Folders, log on to old server, copy Public Folders into
Personal
>Folders, log on to new server, then copy Personal Folders to Public
Folders. You
>will lose any security info etc. doing this though. Also make sure that you
take
>any view filters off first !!

>Nick Black
>--

>> II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on
different
>> servers, and in different domains.
>> I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure
out
>> how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I
don't
>> want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside
of
>> the new 5.5 structure.

>> Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

>> Thanks in advance.

1. Please help; Moving public folders to new server

I have 2 Exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. One of the servers is an old
Pentium 120 with 128mb of memory That is slowly dying, Iwould like to move
the public folders to the new server Pentium 600 with 384mb of memory. I
have not been able to find any documentation on how to move the folders.

2. Custom call

3. Moving Public Folders

4. Moving MSX Server 5.5 SP2 to new hardware

5. Moving Public Folders to another server

6. Moving connectors

7. Moving Public Folders

8. Exchange behind firewall

9. Move Public Folders from 5.5 to 2k

10. Move public folders inter-org?

11. Last Step: Need to move public folders off first server to new one

12. Move Public Folder

13. Move Public Folders between 2 organisations