Exchange installation problem

Post by Danil » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 01:11:41

Hi,
I have this situation, two domains first level domain i successfully
installed exchange 2000 and second level domain where if i try to install
exchange the follow error appear "failed connection the schema master".
Can help me to resolve this problem?

Exchange installation problem

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:22:55

Schema master FSMO role holder server HAS TO be available and reachable when
you are installing Exchange 2000 anywhere in the forest.

Here is the article how to find who the Schema master server is and how to
switch the role if the server is not available:

Q255690 How to View and Transfer FSMO Roles in the GUI
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q255690

--
Nino Bilic
Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> Hi,
> I have this situation, two domains first level domain i successfully
> installed exchange 2000 and second level domain where if i try to install
> exchange the follow error appear "failed connection the schema master".
> Can help me to resolve this problem?

Exchange installation problem

Post by GKR » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:10:37

Use this to find schema master

netdom query fsmo

Be sure that u are able to contact the schema master on all levels....ping
name, ping name.domain.com, try to aksess \\servername\c$.....

Be ware that Exchange during setup querys a single unqualyfied name, like
"servername",  it does not use dns name......(sic)'

\\geir

Quote:> Hi,
> I have this situation, two domains first level domain i successfully
> installed exchange 2000 and second level domain where if i try to install
> exchange the follow error appear "failed connection the schema master".
> Can help me to resolve this problem?

1. Exchange installation problem

Hi,
I have this situation, two domains, first level domain i successfully
installed exchange 2000 and second level domain where if i try to install
exchange the follow error appear "failed connection the schema master".
Can help me to resolve this problem?

2. move mail database

3. MS Exchange Installation Problems

4. Alternat recipient

5. Exchange installation problem

6. Where to find??

7. Exchange Installation Problem

8. Still getting "Host unreachable" with Exch5.5 behind proxy2

9. Exchange installation problems with Active Directoiory

10. Exchange installation problems

11. Exchange installation problem

12. exchange installation problems

13. Exchange Installation Problem