E-mail addresses for mail enabled Public Folders are not automatically created

E-mail addresses for mail enabled Public Folders are not automatically created

Post by Matt Greave » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:12:26

I have an Exchange 2000 Enterprise server running in
Native Mode.  It is running on Windows 2000 Server w/ SP2.

When I create a Public Folder, it is already mail
enabled.  However, when I go to the Properties of the
Public Folder via Exchange System Manager, there are NO e-
mail addresses that are created.

I manually created an SMTP address for the folder, but
this only allows delivery from within my organization.
Delivery to the Public Folder from outside the
organization does not work.

Why aren't the e-mail addresses being created
automatically?  If I have to create the addresses
manually, what type of e-mail address to I have to create
besides SMTP to allow for delivery from outside my
organization?

Thanks.

E-mail addresses for mail enabled Public Folders are not automatically created

Post by Kevin Mille » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:48:39

If you wait a awhile does the address show up?

--
~Kevinm WLKMMAS

Quote:> I have an Exchange 2000 Enterprise server running in
> Native Mode.  It is running on Windows 2000 Server w/ SP2.

> When I create a Public Folder, it is already mail
> enabled.  However, when I go to the Properties of the
> Public Folder via Exchange System Manager, there are NO e-
> mail addresses that are created.

> I manually created an SMTP address for the folder, but
> this only allows delivery from within my organization.
> Delivery to the Public Folder from outside the
> organization does not work.

> Why aren't the e-mail addresses being created
> automatically?  If I have to create the addresses
> manually, what type of e-mail address to I have to create
> besides SMTP to allow for delivery from outside my
> organization?

> Thanks.

1. E2K can't create mail-enabled property of Public folder created on E2K homeserve

Hi IT specs!

We have a Exchange organization within both E5.5 and E2K servers.
Deploying E2K was maded throught join to exist E5.5 site. Thats finished ok but
we troubled with followes:
 then we create Public folder on E2K homeserver Event messages
 that IS ( Error ID 9543 ) can't create proxy object for this folder in AD.
But with Public folders existing and created at E5.5 throught ADC don't generated
that error. All services runs at one unique account haved ALL possible rights
such as Schema, Enterprises, Domain, Exchange Enterprises and etc.

Microsoft resources determines that this is permmisions rights problem and thats
all folks.

We don't risk to upgrade other server at our org.

What to DO???  SOS!! HELP!!!

Poor Russian sysadmins.

2. downing old 5.5 srvr hangs outlook

3. Sending Email to Mail-enabled public folder does not work

4. "LOGON INTO NETWORK" OPTIONS IN WIN95 DUN AND EXCHANGE SERVER

5. Mail enabled public folders are not receiveing mail

6. Exchange Management service hung on starting.

7. Mail enabled public folder remains in global address book after mail disable

8. Exchange 2000 Optimizer? - Private Store Location

9. Mail enabled public folder remains in global address book after mail

10. Mail enabled public folders are not receiveing mail

11. Cant create Mail enabled Public folder

12. Error on creating mail enabled public folder

13. Can't successfully create new mail enabled public folders