non-delivery notices and return receipts?

non-delivery notices and return receipts?

Post by Mark » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Is there any way to make exchange server send return receipts and
non-delivery notices to and from internet e-mail users?  We are using
exchange server 4.0 and the IMC.

Thanks in advance,

Mark B.

non-delivery notices and return receipts?

Post by David Wad » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Nope. Internet E-mail uses SMTP and SMTP does not support such things.
On the bright side most SMTP systems will send NDR's when mail bounces.
But these are not MS-Exchange NDR's.

Post by Noam Rathau » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

  Is there any way to make exchange server send return receipts and
  non-delivery notices to and from internet e-mail users?  We are
  using
  exchange server 4.0 and the IMC.

  Thanks in advance,

  Mark B.

 Yes there is, go to the Site Configuration under DS Configuration if I
am not mistaken, there is a option to return Dead Letters.

--
Thanks
Noam Rathaus

1. non-delivery notices and return receipts?

Is there any way to make exchange server send return receipts and
non-delivery notices to and from internet e-mail users?  We are using
exchange server 4.0 and the IMC.

Thanks in advance,

Mark B.

2. Stopping Services on Remote Exchange Box

3. That's odd........

4. Hide from address book

5. Internet Addressing?

6. NON-DELIVERY NOTICES AND RETURN RECEIPTS

7. Non-Delivery notices

8. Non-Delivery Notices

9. How to enable non-delivery notices?

10. how to turn off Return Receipt for delivery