private calendar and contacts not available offline for others

private calendar and contacts not available offline for others

Post by Alan Drow » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've  a situation where I have 3 very mobile users that need to be able to
have each others private calendar and contacts available offline.
I have not come up with a satisfactory solution to this.

Initially, I had it setup so each user had the rights to open up each others
private contact/calendar info and that works great when they are connected.
It appears that you cannot set it up to synchronize another users private
mailbox offline.  If there's a way around this I would be interested in
hearing it.

Currently, what I decided  to do was create a Calendar for each of these
mobile users in the Public Folder and have them use this as there primary
Calendar. This allows me to set it up so they can get at this information in
offline mode.
 The problem with this is that it doesnt appear to let me change where a
users free/busy time is determined from. So, the 3 of them can not take
advantage of scheduling meetings because the free/busy time is inaccurate
AND the meetings would default back into there private Calendars that they
would no longer be using...

So... do any of you have any ideas how I can set this up?
Is there an easy way to set it up so any entry put in the respective users
private calendar it would be put in there public calendar?

Is there any other ways available that I'm not thinking of

1. private calendar and contacts not available offline for others

[...]

2. Help please. Exchange Account details

3. OWA available for some, not others...

4. Exchange 5.5 Mailboxes to .pst files

5. Make a Contacts public folder available offline

6. Ed Crowley - explained

7. others outlook contacts not showing all items

8. Large message holding up message queues across slow long.

9. Calendar items in Outlook not always visible for others

10. Offline Address Book Is Not Available

11. Offline Address Book Suddenly not available.

12. offline access not available

13. offline GAL only has recipients within HOME site...not site available over site connector