Force commits of the EDBxxxx.LOG files?

Force commits of the EDBxxxx.LOG files?

Post by Richard Pucket » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00



All,

Is there a way to forcibly commit, programmatically or otherwise,  the
contents of the EDBxxxx.LOG files to the PUB.EDB and PRIV.EDB files?

Thanks,

Richard

 
 
 

Force commits of the EDBxxxx.LOG files?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00


1. By _gracefully_ stopping Exchage services.
2. By runnig ONLINE backup of Exchange Server.
3. ?Maybe by some API calls to Exch services, but you have to have SDK for
this.

> All,

> Is there a way to forcibly commit, programmatically or otherwise,  the
> contents of the EDBxxxx.LOG files to the PUB.EDB and PRIV.EDB files?

> Thanks,

> Richard


 
 
 

Force commits of the EDBxxxx.LOG files?

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00



>Is there a way to forcibly commit, programmatically or otherwise,  the
>contents of the EDBxxxx.LOG files to the PUB.EDB and PRIV.EDB files?

Stopping and restarting the Information Store or performing a "normal"
on-line backup should do it.

Why do you want to do this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Global
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

 
 
 

Force commits of the EDBxxxx.LOG files?

Post by Richard Pucket » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00


Thanks for the reply,  I was aware of the stop/start option as  well
as the full backup functionality.  What I was really interested in
finding out was if there was a way to programmatically force the
commit of the EDBxxxx.LOG files on an on-line server.  I know that
the Admin tool possesses an option that allows you to set limits on
those logs, so I know the API's exist.  I have the EDK, as well as the
Platform SDK, but I cannot seem to locate this function.

Ideas?

Richard


>1. By _gracefully_ stopping Exchage services.
>2. By runnig ONLINE backup of Exchange Server.
>3. ?Maybe by some API calls to Exch services, but you have to have SDK for
>this.


>> All,

>> Is there a way to forcibly commit, programmatically or otherwise,  the
>> contents of the EDBxxxx.LOG files to the PUB.EDB and PRIV.EDB files?

>> Thanks,

>> Richard

 
 
 

Force commits of the EDBxxxx.LOG files?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00


Quote:> the Admin tool possesses an option that allows you to set limits on

Excuse me?

> Thanks for the reply,  I was aware of the stop/start option as  well
> as the full backup functionality.  What I was really interested in
> finding out was if there was a way to programmatically force the
> commit of the EDBxxxx.LOG files on an on-line server.  I know that
> the Admin tool possesses an option that allows you to set limits on
> those logs, so I know the API's exist.  I have the EDK, as well as the
> Platform SDK, but I cannot seem to locate this function.

> Ideas?

> Richard



> >1. By _gracefully_ stopping Exchage services.
> >2. By runnig ONLINE backup of Exchange Server.
> >3. ?Maybe by some API calls to Exch services, but you have to have SDK for
> >this.


> >> All,

> >> Is there a way to forcibly commit, programmatically or otherwise,  the
> >> contents of the EDBxxxx.LOG files to the PUB.EDB and PRIV.EDB files?

> >> Thanks,

> >> Richard